• 3. A mother's worry •

Hello everyone! This message is specifically for people who read the previous chapter only once. The chapter was updated again few days later, so do read it once again.

___________________________________

"Hey Mr. Nice, finally you got time to see if your friend is alive or not? Even my assistant is better than you bro."

"Ho gayi teri nautanki chalu? Yahaan mujhe sirf musibatein dikh rahi hai aur tu yahaan ayashi karta baitha hai. Jab dekho janaab maze lete dikhtein hai." ( Started your drama already? Here, I can see only problems in my sight and you are too busy sharpening your womanizing skills. Enjoying your life as always.)

"Are! Din chalu nai hua, ke tu khadoos buddhe ki tarah chalu ho gaya. Aisa akhir hua kya hai?" ( Bro! The day hasn't even begun yet and you are already cribbing like a grumpy old man . What has happened exactly? )

Viren sighed and sat on the chair. He took a deep breath to vent out but he couldn't. So he took off the lid off the glass of water and emptied it in a single gulp, in a last attempt to get his thoughts together.

Finally, after calming down enough he told Virat all that took place yesterday.

"Oh wow! That's quite a lot dude. But there's nothing to worry about, if you ask me. You'll be getting married within 2 weeks. That's just awesome."

Seeing Virat's excitement, Viren couldn't help but feel excited too. But that same excitement had landed him in trouble. If he could have ignore his excitement and heeded to his father's warnings he wouldn't be in a dilemma right now.

"Voh toh hai ( I know that )...but you forget Jeevika doesn't know about all this. She is totally clueless in this matter. And Mom is talking about taking things to the next level this weekend which is in 2 days. While Jeevika's family and I have talked about this before, Jeevika hasn't interacted with my family from that perspective. And then, with this pace all of this will be too overwhelming for her. And she won't say a word about it. I know it because she always puts others before herself. And here, it's her family. Obviously she won't say no."

"Ah! So you aren't worried about her answer but about her actual feelings regarding this matter."

"Yes. And I..."
He ran his hands through his hair in frustration.
"I just can't figure out how to tell her all this. I can't even imagine what she will feel. That I played with her feelings? I went ahead with all this without asking her opinion. And-"

"Are bass bass. Dude, get your shit together. First, your mom is eager to get you two married but she is one of the most sensible people I know. She wants to take Jeevika's feelings into account. That's the real reason she wants to meet her today. I know it. Aunty would never force Jeevika into all this against her wishes."

"Agar Jeevika ke dil mein Viren ke liye thodi si bhi jagah hai, toh iss hafte hum shaadi ki baat aage badhayenge. ( If Jeevika likes Viren even a bit, then we will take things to next level this week. )"

Priya's words came back to his mind. And now that he paid careful attention to the if, he understood the real meaning of the words. In all the fiasco that took place he didn't pay attention to it. And then, he felt like the luckiest son in the world, for having a mother like Priya. He knew, if Jeevika didn't like him that way, Priya won't let this marriage happen no matter what. And of course he liked her a lot, but he also respected her feelings enough to let her go. He just prayed, that everything should go well with his mom.

___________________________________

"Naren! Help me choose my outfit. I need to impress her enough that if she wants to say no, she may think about it again after meeting me."