𝟎𝟎𝟑. do you mind if i sit here?

━━━━━━ CHAPTER THREE.

━━━━━━ 

after the group of three found a compartment, they all sat down. evelyn and lani sat beside each other while ginny sat in the seat across them. 

"do you reckon the sorting hurts?" ginny suddenly asked.

"huh? i don't think so, why?" evelyn said, turning from the window to ginny.

"well—i remember last year fred and george told ron that it did. they probably just did it to annoy him but you never know..." she muttered.

"nah, don't worry about it," lani shrugged. "what house do you reckon you'll be in?"

"my whole family's been in gryffindor. ron said he'll hex me if i don't get into gryffindor as well, but i think he was joking," ginny finished her sentence uncertainly.

evelyn chuckled a bit. "yeah, my whole family's been in gryffindor too—" she started, but was interrupted by their compartment door sliding open. 

a girl with long, blonde hair stood in the doorway. her eyes were a cold grey and her face was pale, she looked quite stained as she spoke to them in a small voice.

"sorry... do you mind if i sit here? everywhere else is full." she looked down.

"yeah!" evelyn smiled at her and lani nodded. ginny motioned to the seat beside her and the girl closed the door, mummbling a small "thank you". the girl looked highly intimidated, which was obviously noticed by the group.

"er—what's your name?" lani said awkwardly, trying to start conversation once she sat down.

"carina, carina malfoy," the girl bit her lip.

"malfoy?" evelyn gave her a look. she knew that name all too well, from harry, of course. she remembered him telling her all about the malfoy boy who picked on him at hogwarts, who got him into detention, and who walked around like he owned the place. harry despised  draco malfoy.

"yeah. you're judging me, aren't you?" carina said glumly, looking down again.

evelyn held back her "yes".

"nope, not unless you give me a reason to," she smiled at carina, who now looked back up at her. "i'm evelyn potter. that's lani black—" she nodded over at lani, who was beside her, "—and ginny weasley," then nodded at ginny, who was in front of her.

"no wonder you gave me that look, you're a potter," carina looked up at her. "and you're a weasley," her eyes moved to ginny, "our brothers hate each other."

"so i've heard, you should hear what my dad says," ginny looked at her, holding back laughter. "they both work at the ministry." 

evelyn looked at carina, expecting her to get angry or something.

"i don't blame him. my dad's a foul old git," she rolled her eyes. evelyn giggled and ginny nodded, a bit surprised.

"you're my cousin, aren't you?" lani had been quiet until then, but just now spoke.

"um... i dunno, why?" carina replied, turning her head to face the brunette.

lani spoke carefully, in thought. "i've visited my grandmother's old house before and there's a family tree. the names of everyone in our family's there, quite cool actually. anyway, my dad's cousins with your mum, making you my cousin as well," she finished. carina was a bit taken aback, not knowing this information herself.