𝟎𝟎𝟕. mrs. norris

━━━━━━ CHAPTER SEVEN.

━━━━━━ 

filtch, the caretaker, had came over to see what was happening.

"this should be good," lani muttered.

he looked over at harry. "what are you—"

his eyes moved onto his cat, frozen on the spot. filch's eyes went wide.

"youyou've murdered my cat?!"

harry denied it. "no, mr. filtch i swear i didn't—"

but filtch wasn't listening. "you've killed her! i'll kill you! i'll—"

"argus!"

dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. in seconds, he had swept past harry, ron, cindy, and hermione and detached mrs. norris from the torch bracket.

"come with me, argus," evelyn heard dumbledore say to filtch. "you too, mr. potter, mr. weasley, miss diggory, miss granger."

lockhart stepped forward eagerly.

"my office is nearest, headmaster—just upstairs—please feel free—"

"thank you, gilderoy," said dumbledore.

the silent crowd parted to let them pass. lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after dumbledore. so did professors mcgonagall and snape. the crowd eventually became smaller and smaller, as there was nothing to look at anymore. so small that it was only evelyn, lani, benjamin, rory, carina, and draco and his friends.

carina stepped forward towards draco. "you shouldn't have said that."

"what are you going to do about it, blood traitor?" draco sneered. when carina's face fell, he smirked and with one final disgusted look at the others, he and his friends left to go back to the slytherin common room. carina turned to her friends, tears in her eyes.

"just wait!" she said, shaking with rage. "just let himwait!"

"don't listen to him, rin," lani said automatically. "he's being stupid. he's foul."

"yeah," rory nodded. "c'mon, let's go to bed and sleep this off, alright?"

"i—i don't want to go back to the common room." carina said in a small voice, looking down at her fingers and fiddling with them.

"you can come to our dorm," evelyn said. after receiving looks from everyone else, she sighed.

"alright, you guys too."

"yes!" lani squealed, putting one arm around evelyn and the other around benjamin. "sleepover at ev's, race you!"

lani and benjamin raced across the hall, going to the gryffindor common room. rory giggled and rushed behind them to keep up. evelyn however, turned to carina.

"are you alright?"

"yes," carina muttered, mopping her eyes with her sleeve. "or at least i will be."

***