𝟎𝟏𝟏. owen stallard

━━━━━━ CHAPTER ELEVEN.

━━━━━━ 

"ev, we're gonna go now," rory said to her, getting up from her bed. 

"alright, have fun."

rory and carina were staying in her dormitory until then. once seeing the clock hit eight o'clock, they wen't to go meet up with benjamin and lani at this so-called "duelling club" meeting. at that moment, evelyn saw an owl fly to her windowsill.

"griff!" evelyn called out, quickly opening her window.

griffin hooted at her excitedly, he was the potter family's owl. evelyn caught notice of the letter attached to his leg and she quickly untied it. she ran her finger across the envelope before opening it and reading the letter it contained.

dear evie,

i feel like we haven't talked in ages! i know you were most likely looking forward to coming home for christmas, however i don't think it's possible this year. i'm so sorry but we have a business trip to go to in scotland, so unless you all want to come home to an empty house, i'd recommend you stay at hogwarts.

regardless, i hope first year is going well for you! i see you've made some friends and i'm sure you're doing exceedingly well in your classes. final exams are months away, but i think it's good to start early if you can. many first years are caught off guard due to how they're run, but i know you'll do great. you have your mother's genes to thank you for that, just study well and don't get discouraged. i assume you could hear me saying this, but when i would get nervous before exams a bit of chocolate would usually calm my nerves!

we all miss you four, we haven't heard the end of it from james and sirius, but i'm sure you and leilani are doing great things at hogwarts. this is only the beginning evelyn, good luck on your exams and see you in the summer.

r.j. lupin

although she felt her heart sink at the fact she wouldn't be going home for christmas, evelyn finished the letter with a smile on her face. remus always knew what to say to make her feel better, no matter the situation. she had been wanting to talk to him for a while, actually. so she decided to write a letter of her own back to him.

dear moony ,

it's so good to hear from you!! i'm sorry i haven't tried to write sooner, i suppose a lot has happened in the last couple months.

first year has been great! i really like transfigurations, mcgonagall is a fair teacher. charms is alright too, somewhat easy. i think DADA would be better without lockhart, but that's going alright too. and yes, i've made some really great friends! ginny weasley, she's really cool and sort of keeps us on our toes. benjamin caddel, he's so sweet and friendly! and rory maxwell, she's literally an angel. i'm so glad i met all of them!! there is also carina malfoy. i guess i've hesitated on saying anything because i knew the reaction i would get out of that, but i don't care. she's my friend too, and she's not like her family. harry hasn't given me a break about it, but nobody understands! she's really nice and funny, a last name should never define you, right? hopefully you get what i mean.