𝟎𝟏𝟎. leilani's redemption

━━━━━━ CHAPTER TEN.

━━━━━━ 

word broke out about colin creevy quickly. at this point, evelyn wasn't the only person wondering about the chamber of secrets, much to ginny's worry.

"honestly, ginny," benjamin said one day while they were walking in the school grounds beside the lake. "it doesn't hurt to know, does it?"

"it's—just—not—safe!" ginny said, breathlessly.

"oh well." lani was kicking rocks in her path. "regardless..."

"regardless?"

"we really should—"

"no."

"come on!" she groaned. "we have't had time for a prank all year. we should do something."

"it's only been, like, four months," carina shrugged. "we'll be at hogwarts for seven more years. what's the rush?"

"time is the most valuable thing a man can spend," lani recited in a sing-song voice as her friends began to sit by a tree. "y'know who said that?" she suddenly asked them.

"the muffin man?" benjamin said sarcastically. lani, carina, evelyn, and ginny all looked at him.

"it's a muggle thing," rory snorted.

"theophrastus!" lani groaned.

"well, maybe it is 'the most valuable thing a man can spend'," ginny mimicked quotation marks with her fingers amusingly. "however men never think straight, so why follow in their footsteps?"

"fine," lani sighed, accepting defeat. "if you just don't want to help, fine. ev?"

lani turned to evelyn, who was revising for charms alongside a tree root. evelyn looked up from her book and shifted guiltily.

"er—"

"might i remind you," lani raised her voice. "that your eyes will fall out of their sockets if you read for too long?"

"and who," benjamin gaped at her. "the bloody hell said that?"

"me," lani said, simply. "anyways, evelyn?"

"hm?" evelyn looked up again. "oh, i dunno, lans. is now a good time?"

"what do y'mean, now?"

"we've got a million things to do." evelyn bit her lip. "or otherwise, you've got a million things to do. there's your short attention span which is stopping you from doing your charms practice, ben's got mcgonagall's homework, rory's got snape's essay, and ginny's—well ginny's got everyone's, and—"

"who said you had to keep up with our homework?" lani asked. "what, are you getting paid or something?"

"i have to, lani. if i didn't you guys would fail the first year and i'm not going over to second year alone. you all have terrible organization skills, especially you," evelyn rolled her eyes.

"what would we do without you, ev?" benjamin grinned. "we'll do better next year, promise."

"hold on, who said i'm going to fail first year?" lani retorted while evelyn shot benjamin a look. "i have to be like, top of the year or something."