chapter 39

Kei was still holding my hand as we walked to our seats, and once we were sat, he layed our intertwined hands on the table. I'm not sure why maybe it has just become a natural reaction for me to try and hide things at this point, but I tried to pull away from our hands to where they couldn't be seen, I think Kei noticed as he calmly ran his thumb soothingly atop my hand and whispered "there's nothing we have to hide here, but if your not comfortable yet we can" looking at me with a face that made me feel safe, welcome making me smile and say.

"No, it is fine. We have nothing to hide." With a bright smile.

Hinatas P. O. V.

Keis face brightened when he heard me say that, and it was adorable. A warm feeling arose in my chest. Seeing how happy he was, it was a strange and unfamiliar feeling, but at the same time, it felt warm and comforting. It's a feeling I wouldn't mind having all the time.

I smiled back at Kei and squeezed his hand gently as we sat waiting for our dinner to be brought out by keis mother and brother. I'm not sure where his father is, I felt it would be rude to ask but it doesn't seem like they have a bad relationship with him as he is in a lot of the family photos that look fairly recent. It is not like I have room to pry. It's not like he's snooped in my family life. Kei must have noticed me looking at the photos because he turned to speak to me.

"That's my father. He's currently overseas he works away from home a lot, so we only see him a few months out of the year. It is not his fault we all still love him, and he loves us. We are the reason he works so much you see mums not able to work anymore she was really sick but now she's starting to get better and she's been smiling more often but dad has been working overtime to pay off medical bills, the house expenses and making sure I and my brother have everything we need, honestly, he's the best he's meant to be coming home at the end of the month, maybe you could meet him than" he said with a soft smile on his face.

"Yeah, I would like that," I said softly, my face reflecting his soft smile with one of my own. Just after keis, Mother and Brother entered the room with our food and approached to set the plates in front of us. As they came closer, they noticed our hands intertwined and smiled. Once the plates were set down keis brother slapped Kei round the back of the head with a smirk in a playful manner and said "how did you catch yourself someone before your big brother with that attitude of yours " then turned to face me and spoke again with a toothy grin"Hinata, if he ever hurts tell me I'll sort him out"

"Okay, that's enough, boys. Let's have dinner."