chapter 31

I've been seeing him smile more often since the training camp and I've got to say I love it this way. Kei let go of my hand so he could walk into the kitchen, I stood and stared at my hand for a moment as the warmth of his hand remained but it somehow felt cold. I quickly came back to reality and followed kei to the kitchen.

When I walked in I saw a calm looking woman with a soft warm smile rested on her face as she saw me her hair was darker than kei's and closer to akiteru's hair colour. Her eyes were like kei's hazel brown with specks of yellowish gold throughout some parts of her eyes.

Hinata's P. O. V.

I stood in the door way of the fidgeting with my hands feeling super nervous, not knowing what to do next. I've never been so worried that someone wouldn't like me. What if she doesn't like me? What will I do. Will she not want me to be around kei. As I was internally panicking, I felt a warm hand brush against mine, automatically putting me at ease. I looked up and saw kei smiling down at me.

I dont know what it is, but kei's smile makes me forget all my worries. He's been said to be like the moon, but for me, he's more like the light that I have gotten so used to in the past weeks that I can no longer live without..... but the light always fades in the night.

I was pushed forward further into the kitchen, and as I was kei's mother, I took notice of us and gave us a welcoming smile that just reminded me or my mothers caring smile.  She finished the food she was making and ran over to me and hugged me.

" Oh my your hinata? Kei told me about you. I am so excited to meet finally me you. He never told me how cute you are, though." She said I didn't know what to do and could tell that my face was cherry red from the compliments and the thought that kei had told him mum about me.

"Th..thankyou," I said through my embarrassment.

"You see I was really worried about kei because I know that he can have a bad attitude and he isnt any good with making new friends for ages he has only had one friend but then when he started the new year he started the volleyball club and after the training camp he kept talking about this boy hinata shoyo (ik I didnt spell it right but I cba to change it so...) and ever since I've been so excited to meet you, and when i learned you were here, i had to meet you. " By now, i was ready to explode with embarrassment.

"Mum! You didn't have to tell him that much!" Kei cut in equally as red as me.

We heard a laugh coming from the kitchen table, so we looked over and saw akiteru laughing at us.

"You guys are so adorable together." He commented, making us even more red.

"Well, let's all sit down for dinner," keis Mum said with a smile, so we did.

We enjoyed the meal and keis mum told me just to call her mum saying it's prep for the future whatever she meant by that. She asked if I wanted to stay because it was dark out already, so I agreed not really thinking about it. I'm excited to see what the rest of the night will be like.

~~~~
646 words

To those who wanted to see the finished result, here it is. I'm so embarrassed my mum hung it up on the wall (that's where it is in the picture). Now, when people come over, it's the first thing they see.