Chapter II

AN~ Thank you to everyone who has read and commented so far! Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day

AN~ Thank you to everyone who has read and commented so far! Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day. I've been taking time to get this chapter out so you have a bit to enjoy. Again, comments are greatly appreciated and please share with all your friends who you think may like this!

Visiting the Indominus had been a sobering experience. It showed Dany exactly what could happen when humans tried to play God. The creature had no place in this world, and it seemed as though she knew it.

Owen took Dany back to get settled before inviting her to the Main Street. The park was currently closed but restaurants were open for staff with employees. They were seated outside by a glass fire pit, drinks in hand while an order "Pterodactyl Wings", or cleverly named Buffalo wings, was placed in front of them.

"So, tell me what you really think of Wu's little creation," Owen said, plucking three wings to put on his plate. "I can tell by the look on your face."

Dany had ripped a bit of meat off a flat, dipping it in ranch before sticking in her mouth, shaking her head as she chewed and swallowed. "Honestly sort of sad. They've created a monster and they could have at least given her a better shot by getting someone to imprint on her when she hatched, but by not doing so—can you imagine what she's going to be like when she's an adult?"

"They have no idea what they're getting themselves into," Owen shook his head in affirmation. "You know what happened to Jurassic Park all those years ago, right?"

Dany nodded. "Yeah, unfortunately. InGen seems to have a pattern."

Owen snorted. "I work with InGen, not by my own accord. You don't have to tell me," He replied, taking a sip of his beer. "They see the possibility of making these things into weapons. It's what they want to use the raptors for and it's just...when did we forget they're animals and not machines?"

"Since Hammond and his labs decided they could create prehistoric life," Dany said.

"To be fair, Hammond actually cared about the animals and their well being. When InGen got involved, and when Wu realized what he was capable of was when it went completely haywire," Owen explained. "I gotta ask, Wu called you the 'youngest dragon'. Got me curious."

There wasn't really a question in Owen's remark but Dany for the gist of his inquiry. "There's a lot of mythology that goes into my family's history. So much that it seems to have overshadowed fact so greatly that the fact was never really remembered. They say that my family was the 'Blood of the Dragon', that House Targaryen was started by Aegon Targaryen and his two sisters, Visenya and Rhaenys Targaryen. The blood of Old Valyria had used blood magic to have a connection with dragons, of which they rode into battle, great winged creatures that breathed fire on their enemies."

She was sure Owen thought she was mad at this point, and when she dared to lift her eyes to meet his face, there was no ridicule, no mocking, but he studied her intently, listening to every word.