Ch. VI

Nearly a month later, Dany had been working with Owen and the dragons

Nearly a month later, Dany had been working with Owen and the dragons. All three of them were about the size of medium sized dogs now, and Dany couldn't believe how fast that had happened. Getting a little too big for the hatchery now, Owen had suggested bringing them into the raptor pen just to give them some space, and introduce them to the raptors. Owen had taught Dany the best way to work with them and train them, and they responded quicker than Owen had seen.

Drogon, however, the winged shadow, was a little more aggressive and bullheaded. He challenged Dany, and Owen, but he was also more attached to Dany and fiercely protective of her. They'd brought the dragons in first to let them get used to it, and they were flying now. Each one had a leather strap around their ankle much like falconers did with birds of prey, though they were getting to the point of being heavy enough that holding them was almost a bit much.

"Alright, raptors are currently locked up, we can slowly start introducing them." Owen said. "The raptors are all used to you now, just, y'know, keep your distance from Delta. I think the socialization for both of them will be a great thing."

"If we can keep them all in the same area, that would be so convenient," Dany agreed. Viserion was in her arms, hind claws clutching her forearm that supported underneath him, talons on both wings on her shoulders. But his long neck craned around to look at the surroundings, giving a screech as and lashing his tail. Rhaegal was perched in a tree at a safe distance, and Drogon also observed from above, Dany hearing him land in a tree, possibly the same one as Rhaegal as the green dragon hissed and shrieked furiously. There was a bustle of branches, leaves, the flapping of wings and it seemed the conflict was sorted.

Dany looked down at Viserion, warm and heavy in her arms. "Come on, darling, join your brothers."

She gave him a little bounce in her arms, turning her head to avoid a wing to the face as she released Viserion and he caught enough air to head up toward the tree.

"Barry! Release Blue and Charlie first!" Owen called, and the chute was raised. Blue and Charlie both carefully entered the area, obviously sensing something was different. Dany glanced up, seeing the three dragon heads craning out of the tree, chittering and squawking like overgrown reptilian birds. But she saw Drogon's black head first, his crimson eyes fixed on the raptor as he cocked his head.

Blue rumbled softly, pausing cautiously as she reared her body up. The reverberating "raptor bark" left the slate grey and blue raptor and Dany could hear the returning call from one of the other two in the other chute.

"She's checking for her siblings," Dany commented, and she saw Owen nod.

"She's making sure they're still safe," He responded. Charlie's body posture was a little lower, snaking her head around timidly but following her sister's lead. It was clear at that moment who was higher in the hierarchy. Charlie was turning to her sister for reassurance.