Ch. V

Though Dany wanted to protect her dragons and keep them out of the prying eyes of the overly eager professor, she had to make sure they were in good health, and she owed it to Dr

Though Dany wanted to protect her dragons and keep them out of the prying eyes of the overly eager professor, she had to make sure they were in good health, and she owed it to Dr. Wu to let him see the dragons, much to her chagrin.

Owen helped her cart the other two in a large metal carrier, while the black dragon coiled on her shoulder. Owen tried to help detach him to stick him in the carrier as well, only to be hissed at and miss a puff of flame from the little dragon's jaws. Both Owen and Dany had opted to just let him ride on his person's shoulder in the Jeep, and he did exactly that. When they got into the labs, the minute Wu took one look at the little dragon on Dany's shoulder, and the other two in the carrier, his jaw dropped.

"I don't believe it," He breathed as he ushered them into an exam room. He'd called for Dr. Harding, the park vet, so that he could come and take a look to make sure they were in good health. "What stunning little specimens... "

Dany had set the carrier on the exam table and let the other two out. "The green one is named Rhaegal, the copper one Viserion, after my two brothers, and the black one is Drogon."

Rhaegal had clambered his way out of the carrier, winged talons scraping along the metal, his tail lashing in aggravation at the new surroundings. He flapped his wings off the table about a foot before thudding unceremoniously onto the floor. Dany bent to scoop him up and let him perch on her wrist, given a falconry glove used to handle birds of prey and in the park's case, some of the taloned, winged dinosaurs.

Dr, Wu was in complete awe. "Dr. Targaryen, this is a huge advancement for science and the park itself. Let me take some blood samples."

Dany stiffened, and as though reacting to her physical response, Drogon snaked his neck out and screeched, the tiny spines on the back of his neck bristling. "I'd rather wait for Dr. Harding to get here."

Dr. Wu began to protest, then Owen stepped in. "In all due respect, Doc, they're Dany's dragons. They were given to her, she hatched them when no one else had any faith that she could. They sat on my fire pit all night only to hatch the next morning. They don't belong to InGen or the park, they belong to her and they've bonded to her. She gets the final call on what happens to those dragons."

Owen was cordial, but his tone was firm, fixing a steady stare on the doctor. Dr. Wu finally relented, nodding and cleared his throat.

"Reasonable enough," He said. "I do hope Dr. Targaryen will allow us to feature her dragons from time to time, especially when they're grown."

"It will be something I consider," Dany responded, gently stroking her finger along Drogo/ slender neck. Though much to her reluctance, she knew she'd have to humor them from time to time. She almost wondered if it was better the dragons had remained but a myth, for the sake of her little three and the prying eyes she knew they were going to face.

+

Doc Harding came in to do blood work and other exams on the three dragons, absolutely blown away by what he was staring at. Both Rhaegal and Viserion screeched their protests, but overall were the least violent of the three. Drogon hissed, spit, clawed and bit, thankfully only puffing out little blasts of fire that Doc Harding could easily dodge. It wasn't until Dany came over to help hold the little black dragon down and murmur to him, Drogon seemed to settle.