Valentine's

"So, Keith." Hunk says as they eat. "Yeah?" Keith asks with a raised eyebrow. "What are you gonna get James tomorrow for Valentines day?" He asks. Keith almost chokes on his water.
He starts coughing before looking at Hunk with watery eyes. "What? I- I don't like James!" Keith sputters. Hunk sighs.
"Keith, you've had a crush on him since 8th grade." Keith blushes. "Not since 8th grade! Maybe 9th, but not 8th!"

"Whatcha talking about?" Nadia asks, joining them. "Keith's huge crush on James." Hunk answers as Keith flushes. "Oh yeah. I think just about everyone but James knows you like him." She reports. "What? Is it really that obvious?" Keith asks. They nod. "Yeah. But it's okay, cause I'm pretty James has a crush on you too." "What?!" Keith yells, causing heads to turn.
"Calm down. You don't want to draw more attention to yourself. There's already betting pools about what you'll do." Nadia tells him. "What? Why?"
Hunk laughed. "Because you've been pining forever, and it's so obvious. You get this stupid smile on your face whenever he's around, when you're sparring and he pins you down you turn into a tomato, that one time you saw him in just a towel in the showers you almost walked into the wall, not to mention the one time we went drinking and you described his eyes as a 'beautiful amethyst' that you 'wanted to get lost in'." Hunk says as Nadia begins cackling. "Oh my god. You actually said that?"
Keith blushes deeply. "Maybe." He mumbles. "Aw, that's adorable. So what are you gonna get him?" She asks, leaning forward on her elbows.
"Should I get him something? I don't even know if he likes me back."

"Who likes you?" Lance asks, sliding into the seat next to him. "Keith has a crush on James and wants to find out if James likes him back." Hunk provides. Lance gasps. "What? Keith, you didn't tell me you liked Griffin. Well, you have to get him something." "Lance, no. I'm not even sure if he likes me back."
Lance smirked. "Leave that to me."

"Griffin!" Someone called. James picked his head, up, and saw McClain coming towards him. "Whatcha doing?" He asked, peeking over James's shoulder. "Just some reports." He answered. "Why?"
Lance shrugged. "Just wanted to talk to you." "About?" James asked with a raised eyebrow. "Keith."
He felt my cheeks heat a bit. "What about him?" James turned back to his tablet, hoping Lance didn't see his pink cheeks.
"Nothing. Just wondering if Keith knows you have a crush on him." James brought his tablet to his chest, whipping his head towards Lance. "Who told you that?" He hissed.
"You did. Just now." He replies with a smirk.
James groans and covers his face with his hand. "Fuck. How'd you know?"
Lance hums. "Well, he's the only person you seem to really trust. Plus, you blush around him." He grinned and leaned forward on the table. "So, what do you like about him?"
James raised an eyebrow again. "This stays between us? You're not gonna tell my friends? You're not gonna tell Nadia or Veronica?" Lance nodded. "Promise."

James sighed and set his tablet down on the table. "I like lots of things about him. Not only is he... handsome beyond belief, and the hottest person I've ever seen but he's... a kinda mystery. He's closed off, but that just shows that when he opens up to you, he really trusts you, you know?"
Lance nods.
"And he- he's always been there and is just- comforting I guess, to be around. I didn't realize how much I valued his presence until after he got kicked out. And he-he comes off as cold and distant, but he's really nice. And he-he's sweet. He's really sweet." James's cheeks are a light pink, and he has a soft smile on his face.
"Are you gonna get him something for Valentines?" Lance asks.
"I-I've though about it. But I dunno. If he-if he doesn't like me back, it just makes everything weird. And we-we're just starting to get back to how we used to be. I can't risk that. Keith's too important to me." James finishes.
"Wow. You must really like him, huh?" James nods. "Yeah. I have for years. I just didn't want to admit it. Anyway, why are you asking? I got the impression you aren't too fond of me." Lance shrugs, standing. "Let's just say I know what it's like to want someone."