Pockys

No one POV

"Hey James, you wanna play a game?" Ryan asked, and James shrugged. "Sure. What is it?" He said, making his way over to us. "Well, basically all you have to do is hold this." Rizavi said, holding up a strawberry pocky, "in your mouth all day." James took it from me with a confused look on his face. "Can I know why?" Veronica smiled. "You'll figure it out." She said, putting her own chocolate pocky in her mouth. "I don't know, This is James we're talking about. He can be kinda oblivious." Rizavi said. "Hey!" James whined. Ina sighed. "It's very simple. Everyone else knows. Just don't eat the pocky." James sighed. "Fine. But I still don't get it." "Don't worry." Kinkade started, smiling sweetly, "Your crush does." "Shut up." James grumbled. He'd been pining over Keith for the past few months, and only the four other people in the room knew.

We then went about the rest of our day. Apparently, someone had told the paladins and some other people about the game, because several other people had pockys as well. Veronica got pulled aside by a blushing Axca, and Ina got Rizavi. A blushing Allura got Lance, who then returned the favor. Shiro and Adam did the same as well, but then Crutis got Shiro, with a vibrant blush on his face. A cadet by the name of Alexis got Kinkade, and Krolia got a shocked Kolivan. Keith and Lance jokingly did one, with huge grins on their faces, going through almost all of the pocky before breaking away. Pidge didn't even try and get anyone, because according to her it was "A stupid game and a waste of a good treat".  Kinkade and Hunk jokingly did one, breaking it an inch apart.

(real quick, for this next bit, Kinkade, Lance and Rizavi are sitting on a couch, James and Pidge are behind them standing, while Keith and Ina are standing opposite to them.)

Later, when the MFES, Lance, Pidge and Keith were in the lounge room, James showed up. "James! Did ya finally figure out how to play the game?" Rizavi asked. "Yeah, I didn't see you at all. Where were you?" Pidge added, and James shrugged. "I was training. And I ate my pocky, so..." "James! Really?" Rizavi screeched. "What? The strawberry ones are really good." "He's right." Lance agreed. "They're one of the best flavors. After blue berry of course." Kinkade had pulled out a pack of strawberry and handed one to James, who gasped. "No way! Strawberry is way better." "I actually agree with Lance on this one. Blueberry is one of the best." Keith said. "Wow. Keith and Lance agreeing on something? They must be pretty good. Do you guys have any more?" Pidge asked, and he shook his head. "What? Pidge, are you trying to get someone?" Keith asked, a smug grin working its way onto his face. "No! I already think the game is stupid. I just want to try one. With everyone else using them, I never got the chance to try one." "Here." Kinkade said, handing her a few strawberries before taking a bite of his own. "And I agree with James. Strawberry is better than blueberry." Lance gasped dramatically. "I can't believe my fellow sharpshooter feels that way! The betrayal!" "Holy shit these things are good." Pidge groaned, devouring her pockys. "They're really that good?" Keith asked sceptically, and she nodded. "Okay, well then I'll have one. Ryan, you got any more?" He shook his head. I gave the last ones to these two." He said, motioning to James and Pidge. "Pidge can-" Keith started, but she shoved them all in her mouth. "Nope. Mine. You can play with James though." She said with a smirk. "He can what?" James asked. Almost all of his pocky was gone, only the dough remained.

Keith's face went light pink. "Pidge.." He said in a warning tone. "What? You wanted to taste the strawberry ones, now's your chance. And you can do something else you've been wanting to do too." She said with a smirk, while Rizavi and Veronica gasped. "Really?" "Wait, what does she mean?" James asked, still completely oblivious to what the pocky game is, and thus having no idea what Pidge is talking about. Keith sighed. "Fine." He marched over to James and grabbed his collar, face pink. "Keith wha- mmph!" He said, Keith shutting him up with his lips. James's eyes went wide at first but they soon closed, and Keith cupped his face pulling him closer. After what seemed like an eternity, Keith pulled away, a sheepish smile on his face. "He's right, the strawberry ones are really good." And with that, he walked out, leaving a shocked James.

He stared after Keith in shock, before a look of realization came upon his face. "Wait, that's the game? And- and Keith-?" He then s[pun on his heel and followed Keith out. "Wow. So the pining was mutual." Ina said. "Oh my god, you guys have no idea." Lance groaned, throwing his head back."

Little did they know, as they talked about their friends pining over each other, James was currently pining Keith to the wall, and they were having a heated make-out session in one of the halls. They broke apart for a second, and Keith smiled. "Mmm, tastes like strawberries." "Shut up." James said, grinning. "Make me." "Gladly." The MFE pilot said, reclaiming the (slightly shorter) Black paladin's lips.