13. CRASHING CALAMITY

TORN FLESH

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: CRASHING CALAMITY

ONCE they'd returned the keys and made their way down the hall towards the exit, Violet began to finally feel the drag of previous days pulling down on her, she felt tired, more tired than she ever had

"You ladies..." Marcus began rushing forward to grab the door for Violet, "will be staying in one of our lovely apartments as there's only two of you." Margo gave a soft nod of her head as she was far too tired to try to argue over the matter, a place to sleep was a place to sleep.

"Maureen will have someone over to check on your leg and give you some antibiotics tomorrow morning, they should give you about a week's supply that you can use as prescribed until they have someone bring you more." neither of the two girls responded- Margo evidently trying her best to not fall asleep in the wheelchair as Violet pushed her along- "your apartment should be on the third floor, so you two will get to take the elevator."

Margo turned her head to look at him, an elevator? With what power source?

"There's an elevator?" she questioned, he gave a slight nod, "it's only used by the older folks who have trouble with the stairs and parents with small children..." he paused and gestured to her, "or folks like yourself that physically can't climb the stairs."

"Oh..." she turned back in her seat and stared on, she could climb the stairs if she tried, she knew that much, but she wasn't sure her body could handle the strain at that moment, and she was more than sure it couldn't.

She'd already put it through enough to last her a lifetime, and it didn't seem like she had the energy to try and do it again.

As they entered the elevator, Margo let her eyes slip closed, she was tired, her body was begging for sleep, no matter how bad the nightmares got, she would always give into sleep.

When she awoke a few hours later, the sun had begun to dip past the horizon, Violet was sitting by the window watching as it disappeared, the older of the two let out a grumble as she struggled to sit up almost immediately reaching her hand up to rub at her eyes.

Violet turned to look at her with wide eyes as the disappearing sun continued to cast shadows over her shoulders, "you're up." she stated turning so she was fully facing the older girl.

"How long was I out?" she questioned leaning back on the couch she'd found herself on, "a few hours." the small blonde responded her eyes just barely grazing Margo before she looked back into the kitchen past them.

"Marcus said that if we were hungry there's stuff in the cabinets."

The older of the two watched as Violet stood and took a few steps towards the couch before plopping down beside her, "are you hungry?" she asked letting her hands settle in her lap.