14. TIRESOME TIMES

TORN FLESH

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: TIRESOME TIMES

"VIOLET, don't you walk away from me when I'm talking to you

"VIOLET, don't you walk away from me when I'm talking to you." Margo watched as the girl proceeded to ignore her and plopped down on the couch her gaze lingering at the edges of the windows.

She was half tempted to yell at the girl, but, she knew that it wasn't her place.

She wasn't her mother or her family, and she knew that she had no control over the girl and her actions.

But for as long as she had to pretend to be her parent, she had the slightest bit of power to keep the child from acting out again.

It wasn't much, but it was something.

"Violet."

It was that single word, that one mention of the girl's name that caused her to slowly face the older girl, "what?" she questioned her blonde locks swaying with every movement of her head.

"You can't do that again, we need a place to stay. You're jeopardizing that entirely." Violet furrowed her brows a scowl brushing in upon her lips.

"I was curious, I think I'm allowed to be when we haven't been told the truth."

Margo frowned, they'd been told the entire truth, hadn't they?

They hadn't lied about anything.

"We have been told the truth, you need to stop insinuating that they're liars and stop being rude." she replied running a hand through her hair, what had she done to get herself stuck in this mess.

Maybe if she'd just never opened the door in the hospital.

Maybe then she'd still be there.

Or maybe she'd be dead.

But anything seemed better than what she was currently dealing with.

Violet didn't reply and instead made her way to the second of the two bedrooms, she didn't feel like further arguing over the topic, she knew it would be best if she simply went to sleep, she could face further scolding in the morning.

Till then, she needed to figure out how she was going to get Margo to believe what she'd seen, that was if she'd even listen to what she had to say.

She'd figure something out.

She hoped.

Meanwhile, Margo had settled herself back on the couch where she'd been before Violet's irresponsible adventure, she couldn't risk sleeping in her bedroom, not with the possibility that the girl would slip out again and do something worse, or get bit.