20. SILENT ISOLATION

TORN FLESH

CHAPTER TWENTY: SILENT ISOLATION

HER eyes.

She couldn't find it in her to open them, for fear of what she may see, or for fear of what she might not see.

The first thought that drove her to open them was whether or not Violet was okay.

Slowly cracking her eyes open, she found that she was in a white room, there was only a small cot and a heart monitor accompanying her in the room, she was alone.

And by the looks of the room, she could tell she was in a place just as bad as the one they'd escaped a few days prior.

Pulling her legs over the side of the cot, Margo stood and moved to remove the needle from her arm that was connected to the machinery at her bedside, hopefully, it didn't alert anyone that she was no longer connected.

She couldn't risk being caught, not until she found Violet.

Quietly approaching the door to the white room, Margo peered out through the glass window at the top, there wasn't much beyond the door, besides a white hallway that only contained more doors that were identical to her own.

Reaching her hand to pull on the doorknob, she found that it was unlocked, whoever had put her in the room to begin with obviously wasn't very bright.

As quietly as she could, Margo pulled the door open and slipped out into the bland hallway, no one roamed in either direction of it and she prayed it stayed that way, the last thing she needed was to be seen and reported.

Then she wouldn't be able to find Violet.

Starting down towards the dead-end of the hall, the girl began glancing into each room until she reached the end, maybe Violet was on the other end of the hall.

Turning around and restarting the process, Margo found that Violet was not in the hallway at all, not even the slightest glimpse suggested she had been there at some point.

The girl let out a small sigh, she was going to have to venture further than the hallway, but in order to safely do that, she was going to need a weapon.

And it seemed the needle attached to her I.V would serve that purpose perfectly.

Tightly gripping the sharp object in her hand, she held it at her side as she exited the room- silently closing the door behind her- before she continued down the hall and out into the larger room of wherever it was that she'd been taken to.

At the moment, it was resembling a hospital, but if she had to take a second guess, she would say it was a mental institute of sorts or a boarding house.

But even those were hard to come across at the time the end had begun.

It didn't matter, what mattered was locating Violet and Rogue before things got bad, before they got worse.