34. DEADLY DEALS

TORN FLESH

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: DEADLY DEALS

MARGO watched her brother with hardened eyes, "it was only on for a few seconds, he can't possibly know that quickly

MARGO watched her brother with hardened eyes, "it was only on for a few seconds, he can't possibly know that quickly."

Eddie shook his head, a small, quick shake that gave way to show the horror in his eyes, the fear.

"We gotta go-"

Wiping his hands on his shirt he began to rush across the room grabbing small things and leaving them in a pile in the kitchen, moments later he'd come back to them and slide them into his duffel bag.

But Margo had no clue as to what he had planned, "where are we going?" She questioned, she'd quietly entered the kitchen to watch her brother and was surprised to see that tears had begun to form in his eyes, "I- I'm not sure, somewhere..."

"We'll figure it out as we go."

She shook her head, she didn't want to go, and she knew she still had to go back to Violet, to Mitch.

Even if she didn't want to.

She approached him, as carefully as possible, and cupped his cheeks in her hands, "I can't go with you," she began, a small smile parting her lips, "I have to go back to Violet, and Mitch."

A tear slid down her brother's cheek and she watched him for a few moments before a few of her own followed, "I'll- I'll get them, and we can all leave together, alright? Just stay here, if I go back Stan won't bother coming here."

Even though he didn't want to let her go, not again, he nodded his head and tightly pulled her against his chest, "just be careful."

She sat there, her head pressed into his neck for a few moments before she found the courage to pull away, god, she really didn't want to go.

"I'll be back," she stated, and with a final smile, she turned and made her way for the front door of the house.

Meanwhile, back at the camp, Mitch was fuming, he'd woken up to find that Violet was gone, and having located Sam to offer him some answers, he found that she'd been taken in for testing.

"What do you mean William brought her in?"

Sam frowned and raised a hand to pinch at her brow, "I don't know, okay? He sent a nurse to go get her this morning and by the time I found out he'd already drawn blood, if I had known I would've shut it down, Mitch, you know that."

Mitch let out a shaky breath, he was going to beat the son of a bitch, he had established that much.

"I want her out of there, now."

With no other choice than to do as requested, Sam disappeared down the hallway and minutes later returned with a quiet, pale-faced Violet drawn in at her side.