Chapter 18

How do you fall in love?
Harder than a bullet could hit ya.
How do we fall apart?
Faster than a hairpin trigger.
Don't you say, don't you say it,
Don't say, don't you say it,
One breath, it'll just break it,
So shut your mouth and run me like a river
Shut your mouth, baby, stand and deliver
Holy hands, will they make me a sinner?
Like a river, like a river,
Shut your mouth and run me like a river.
Choke this love 'til the veins start to shiver,
One last breath 'til the tears start to wither,
Like a river, like a river,
Shut your mouth and run me like a river.

Mera was practicing her swordsmanship to ensure if her moves turned flawless. It has been two weeks since her friends are kidnapped by the shadow killers. Each and every day she passed seemed to her like ages, being worried about them, though she was informed every day that they were safe, untouched, just locked. While listening to Bishop Briggs-River, she was trying to sway out that softness in her and trying to bring that merciless feelings Harris showed to her friends. It was tough, really tough, but she got no other options too since the world itself was cruel, brutal, and merciless.

Hoseok and Yoongii entered to her fighting room. Watching her giving all of her heart into practicing, they couldn't but feel proud of their student, the next Queen of the Dracula Castle.

"You don't have to be so heartless, Mera.", Hoseok spoke meddling her practice.

"Am I being?"

"It's okay though, since they got no heart.", Yoongii replied.

"But the moves you're practicing, I'm afraid it'll probably even change your personality.", Hoseok added.

"Do you think I really should show them a penny amount of mercy after what they did? They killed the previous Her Highness, preyed dozens of  innocent girls who had nothing to do with this, kidnapped my friends, trying to murder me too! How am I supposed to stay alive showing them mercy? They don't even deserve the 'M' of it!"

"If you bring those up, they don't even deserve to be dead by a stab of sword. They should be skinned alive, ripped apart in bare hands and eaten by the werewolves!", Yoongii said in a very cool tone.

"Yah! Hyung (brother)! How can you say that? That's disgusting!"

"Oppa (brother) is right though! I would love to just donate their bodies to Medical morgues, at least the students can dissect, learn something and treat the patients skillfully. For the betterment of nation~ hahaha!"

"Well, Mera, here's a lesson.", Seokjin joined them.

"My prince!", Everyone bowed except Mera. She was actually too frank with Seokjin and Taehyung so they told her not to show those formalities since they make feeling distant. 

"Yah! Get up! I don't wanna see yall's bent up asses, that's nasty! How many times I gotta say that?", Jin became a bit annoyed.

"Ours look better than any other chicks you slept with!", Yoongii said playfully.

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "I don't give a shit, I don't give a fuck."

Mera scoffed at his sudden swearing. "Oppa you were about to say something."

"Yeah! Now listen Mera, smartness is doing the right thing at the right time and trying best to keep that flawless. So, it's quite smart of you if you can bring up your merciless vibe in front of those who showed no mercy to anyone. But..."

"But?", Her eyes went bigger.

"Don't let that ruin your inner beauty. Don't let that ruin your personality. You are beautiful with your own persona, don't let it be changed for any reason. We all love you because of that; you are stronger than diamond with a kind heart and optimistic spirit. So, don't change. That's what makes you worthy to be the next Queen of our kingdom, who should take the right decision, do the right thing at the right time."

"Hmm", nodding for a bit, "Though I don't deserve that compliment, I'm nothing but an average lady with lots of flaws, still trying to be the better version of myself. But oppa, are you telling me that I have to judge everything rationally, I can't be dragged by my emotions?"

"Of course not. Only if you can put your emotion in a rational way, that's when you can be the better version of yourself, remember."

Seokjin kissed her forehead as a blessing. She was just like a pretty lil cute sister to him. Suddenly Namjoon and Jungkook appeared by teleporting.

"Are you guys advising her or spoiling her? She doesn't need to know she's the gem we found.", Namjoon said in a mocking voice.

"Says the one who left me alone when I'm dying of nervousness. Yah! What's your problem, huh? Others are just trying to...... encourage me a bit.", Mera said pouting.

"We were preparing your armour and sword.", Jungkook replied with a bunny smile.

"Where's Jimin and Taehyung?", Yoongii asked.

"They said they would go for collecting the latest update about them. But they should have returned by this time.", Namjoon spoke in a bit concerned tone.

"Anyways, let's do it now. It's getting late for her.", Jungkook brought the armour in front of her everyone held it at the bottom.

"Good luck, Mera. Best wishes for you. May The Almighty protect you and keep you safe.", all 5 of them wished her together.

Fie ca toată bunătatea să rămână cu tine și să te ajute să câștigi acest lucru.
(May all the goodness stay with you and help you win this.)

Namjoon and Seokjin casted the spell and it litted the armour a bit. Mera almost got used to with their magical tricks so this time, her eyes didn't pop out.

In the phonograph, it was playing one of her most favourite songs, Eminem's Not Afraid.

I'm not afraid
To take a stand
Everybody
Come take my hand
We'll walk this road together,
through the storm
Whatever weather,
cold or warm
Just letting you know that,
you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road.
And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today
I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up,
I'mma face my demons,
I'm manning up,
I'mma hold my ground,
I've had enough,
now I'm so fed up,
Time to put my life back together right now.

After a while Taehyung and Jimin teleported to the room while freakingly panting. Everyone got shocked.

"What happened?", Namjoon asked.

"Harris...Harris...", Jimin was trying to catch some breath since he was panicked actually, not because of the pace so fast they teleported.

"Harris what?", Yoongii asked.

"They got Susan from Helsinki and kept her tied in front of the cage of wolves.", Taehyung replied. "Her boyfriend..."

"Felix", Mera meddled, "Is a shadow killer who hit on my head last time."
"What the fuck they want?", Seokjin grinned in annoyance.

"Mera"

Author's note:
Hello everyone, this chapter might feel a bit boring and messy, I'm really sorry for that. The pluspoint is, it got a lot of self-help related lines so if you're drowning in depression and being stressed just like me, I hope and earnestly wish these might help you to enlighten a bit. Actually, I wasn't supposed to write it now, my exam is on 26, I still didn't finish my revision. But it's so stressing that I had to relieve it somehow, and Wattpad is the best solution, a bit time-killer though.
If you liked it, consider giving it a vote and feel free to comment your feedback. Thanks a ton for reading again.
Love you all.