Chapter 20

The war had been stopped.

Namjoon embraced Mera in his arms just before she was about to be grounded for unconsciously. He was panicking so much that even a million people's choirs 'Long Live The King and Queen' couldn't drag his attention back.

Lastly, yeah, a mere teen girl saved a whole kingdom, didn't hesitate to sacrifice her life for that, even when she never was obliged to.

As quick as possible she was brought to the castle's laboratory building where Prince Jin proceeds on his research.

"Hyung, please, quickly do something! She's losing a lot of blood!", Namjoon was shievering neck and crop in panic. The delight of finally winning the throne was nowhere to be seen. Jungkook was helping Seokjin, finding the drugs as quick as possible from the shelf, handing the cottons and gauge, covering Mera's private parts with sheets and so on.

Well, in the vampire's world, where would they find a female nurse to change Mera's cloths where she's the only one who can breathe in chloroform?

Behind the curtains, Jimin was standing beside Namjoon, waiting for news. Panicked as well, he was trying to calm down his lifesaver, his King. If it wasn't for him, very long ago he would've become the chyme in the stomach of werewolves. Of course he loved Mera, but he loves his King more.

Even Ivan Kim was walking to and fro in his room, panicking about his daughter-in-law.

After 3 hours, Seokjin and Jungkook came out of the curtains. Namjoon wasn't daring to look at him. He just couldn't get ready to be mentally prepared for the worst.

"Namjoon, I've tried my best. But that venom wasn't a human venom, it was of a vampire, a dangerous kind. Human immunity system can't create antibodies to them, you know better."

"Any ways left, hyung?", Jimin asked.

"We need to prepare for the worst."

Namjoon shot his head up. He knows what's the plan is.

"Hyung, don't tell me..."

"Yes, Namjoon. She's gonna die in 72 hours. You have to get married to her before she dies and turn her into a vampire before she breathes her last. No alternatives."

"I...I can't do this. She fancies about a beautiful marriage. How can I marry my beloved when she's at her death's door? It's too cruel, I...I can't!"

"Namjoon you better hurry than being emotional. You're the King, don't get swayed away."

"It's too cruel for a person who watches this world with those beautiful eyes, it's too cruel to turn her into a blood sucking monster who doesn't care about her life when her friends are in danger. It's too cruel to marry her in this state and......, No, I can't do this!"

Namjoon ran away from the lab to the garden. He was just...devastated. Too many things were in his plate to process, he couldn't think straight. He remembered the newborn baby he cured her eyes from blindness by caressing them. He remembered the 11 year old girl he kissed to retrieve the blood she lost at that car accident. He remembered the 17 year old girl he saved from drowning who was trying to attempt suicide because of excessive stress. He slowly followed her everyday, watched her growing beautifully, becoming a pessimist, giving up, gaining hope, again becoming positive, dating, having friends, being heartbroken, tortured by family, her everything. He regrets he didn't get much time to stay beside her. He regrets, he never uttered those words to her, yet she understood everything he wanted to say. He regrets he never really pronounced aloud,

I love you, Mera.

He couldn't hold his tears anymore. His heart doesn't beat fast, but he didn't know why it was paining like hell. Even the sky was crying, hiding his tears by mixing them with  raindrops, making crystalline dots on his pale face, shoting thunderbolts to hide his screams.

Who said a vampire has no emotion? They're the purest kind, the most loyal ones.

After the rain stopped, he went back to his room first. After taking a shower, he went to his brother.

"Hyung, I'm ready."

Seokjin shot his head up to see.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. This is the only way to save her. I can't do anything about that."

"I'm glad you understand that now. She might be awake in an hour. Talk to her as gently as you can. I'll get Yoongii preparing both of your dresses for tomorrow. Don't worry, we won't invite anyone. The next, I guess you know what to do."

"Yes, I understand, hyung. Thank you for everything."

After an hour, Mera got her senses. The first thing came in her sight was Namjoon looking at her blankly. After all, he wasn't in his right state, yet a smile waved across his lips, making those dimples visible.

"You're awake, Mera."

"Namjoon, I'm feeling too weak. Can I have a glass of water, please?"

He held the straw for her to drink the water. Then gently caressing her hairs, he said,

"Let me take you to my room, okay baby girl?"

"Don't say anything, it's hard to blush at this state!", she spoke with a smile in a weak tone.

"Okay I won't.", He smiled at her sick yet cute face.

He lifted her up in his arms and went to his room. After putting her on the bed, Mera asked,

"Namjoon, how much time do I have left?"

"What...what nonsense are you taking about? Nothing, you're fine."

"I know my state better, I don't mind. Just tell me."

Leaving a sigh, Namjoon held her face, touching her forehead with his,

"Nothing will happen to you, okay? I won't let you die."

"Are you gonna turn me into a vampire?"

"How...how do you know?"

"I just guessed. Are we getting married then?"

"Yeah, tomorrow morning."

Observing her face, he found a bit of sadness in them. So he asked after a while,

"Do you have any obligations, Mera?"

"Huh? No, not at all. I'm marrying the person I love, why would I? It's just, I'm missing my family and friends."

"I'll let you visit them often. Don't worry."

"Can you promise me one thing?"

"Yes?"

"Please make sure my parents are well taken care of."

"I will, don't worry."