Chapter 13

Kennedy could not sleep a wink after the thunder effect of realisation. All the time her eyes stayed at the white ceiling of Samuel's room however, it was dark until the first ray of dawn hit it. 

Beside her, Samuel slept soundly. He liked to sleep facedown while shirtless. Kennedy looked at his back. It had good curves of muscles and with the light penetrating from the window, the reddish-yellow hue created a good sight for her shameless eyes. She had an urge to touch him and caress her lips on his bare body.

Her face heated. What was wrong with her?

Now that she thought, she had never really touched him. Samuel would always restrict her hands or would take the lead. She never really had him. Her chest felt tight. She looked at the ceiling again. 

She was surrounded by the Johnsons. When her brother informed her he got a room from a Johnson, she thought there was no way they were related. She never had seen Merric Johnson before, but she never thought he would be that near.

She got up from the bed doing her usual chores and ended up making many dishes in frustration.

She got ready to go to the store and see what Mac's father would say. But it was still early. So, she decided to eat her breakfast.

As she chewed on her meal absent-mindedly, Samuel asked, "Were you going somewhere?"

She looked at him with wide eyes and immediately got flustered. She didn't hear him coming. His hair was wet and combed messily, probably with fingers— an attempt to look good in which he was mastered. She didn't even hear the shower running on him.

"Yeah. Mac's father had called me saying he wanted to talk. Maybe it was regarding Mac. I'm not sure."

He nodded as he looked at the slab on the dishes and pursed his lips. "Will Sheila be there?" he asked.

"I don't know. Since it's hard to find another nanny, she won't be able to come. Well, I can handle it." She had to and she knew she could. For most of her life, she handled her own problems. 

He sat taking a plate and took whatever he wanted to eat. "Smells good."

Kennedy didn't reply as she again went to the lane of her thoughts.

"Call me if he is trying to do some funny business," Samuel said and she looked at him still she wasn't sure what he said but mumbled a weak 'okay'.

"Who's Mac?" Dean asked and both of them startled at his voice as they hadn't been aware of his presence.

As Kennedy looked at him, she stiffened, her memory rewinded back. Dean was in his jersey pants and a loose t-shirt as his hair fell on his forehead lazily.

"The Lewinskys," Samuel answered.

"Mac Lewinsky. I might have remembered him. Not sure." Dean shrugged.

"He was in your batch, if I am not mistaken," Samuel put pressure on his words however, Dean didn't pay any heed and took a seat beside Samuel.

"Good morning Kennedy," he said.

"M–morning." Kennedy's eyes avoided his face as the saucepan shot made a red swell on his nose.

"Wow, this smells great. Is the feast for me?"

"No!" Samuel said. 

Kennedy let out a nervous smile unable to find what to say as she made it out of frustration and worry.

"So, what's the business you wanted to talk about with me?" Samuel asked as he munched on his vegetables.

"It's about father."