Chapter 21

Despite his dismay, Samuel ended up watching the barbie movies and he didn't want to accept it that he was waiting for Kennedy's messages.

He looked at his notifications and exhaled a breath. "I thought she said she would be messaging me..."

It was past noon. He had his lunch and Dean had already visited him. He would be coming later at night even when Samuel told him not to. Noah and David came by and they gave him chips which he had hidden to have them later. He looked at the time and it should be Kennedy's lunch hour yet she hadn't sent a single message which made him utterly anxious.

He wanted to know what she was doing in her new work.

He put down the phone and laid down and suddenly a message came with a ping. He immediately turned around and took his phone only to find it was a sim card company message. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

Why the heck he was acting like this way? He felt stupid and unable to hold his anxiousness, he ended up calling her.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Kennedy asked as soon as she picked it up and she sounded like she was running a marathon.

"Are you running or what?" He asked.

"Yeah. I am already tired by running all these errands from this building to the other one. I am currently taking the stairs with a big cart full of files and papers." She said, huffing but she chuckled at the same time.

"I see. They are making you run like a dog." He said.

"Yeah! I can't help but getting pissed at some peeps they are just... Oh! I have already reached. Will call you back later." And she cut the phone.

Samuel stayed silent for a moment and typed her a message. 'Did you have your lunch? It seems like you haven't.'

But he immediately erased it feeling weird to send that and typed another one.

'I wanted to tell you that I will kill you once I reach home for making me watch barbie movies. Be prepared.'

He wasn't expecting a message as he knew she wouldn't have time to type but she messaged him back after a minute or two. 'Spare me. I am already dying here.'

He replied, 'They say karma is a bitch. Today it got proven.' And he smirked at himself.

'But you still liked the movies, didn't you?' She was taking a little long to message him but he wasn't annoyed instead he was waiting for her message eagerly.

'Definitely not.' He sent.

'But I did all the efforts of searching on the web, making sure of the quality and then downloaded! At least give me some appreciation for all those hustles, will you?'

He rolled his eyes and typed. 'All you did was exhausting my net and clicked on a simple download button. Don't expect anything like I will be glad about that.'

'How unfair! Then how about I make you a really delicious soup and bring it?'

'Are we bribing now?' He asked in the message and he had no idea that a smile slowly crept on his lips.

'Doesn't hurt to try. Wink wink.' She sent and he chuckled.

"You certainly know how to talk your way out..." Samuel said to the phone and typed, 'Then be sure to make it really delicious or the deal is off. I will come for kill.'

'Aye. Aye.' She sent and Samuel put down the phone as a smile plastered on his face permanently. He had no idea why he was acting this way. All of his life, he had never needed to message anyone more than once or twice and making a conversation in the message was never his forte.