Chapter 3

When the bell rang, Samuel got up for lunch. That would be the same cream pie or some burger, he had been having for the last two years. 

The cafeteria was full of a sea of students, different faces—as he didn't want to bother remembering who they were. 

He didn't waste any time and grabbed a burger and went to his usual place; the furthest table beside a corner where his friends had already gathered. 

"So, what'll be today's plan?" His friend, Noah asked both David and him. 

"What do you mean?" Samuel asked. 

"Tonight, Roger is giving a party! Of course, you don't want to miss it, do you?" Noah winked at him. 

"No! I better pass."

Both David and Noah went silent. It was like the sun had set up from the North. For two years, Samuel never missed a party unless he was busy with someone else, that is. And when he went, girls would follow him to be laid at his feet. 

"Are you having a fever?" Asked David, concern written over his face. 

"What no! I have to finish my project. In case, you didn't forget..." he looked at Noah, who shared the same classes with Samuel, "Mr Bridgers would be taking it on Monday."

"I didn't forget. We have enough time, man! It's only Friday."

"And you haven't done a single project." 

A frown appeared on Noah's light brown face. His green eyes took a turn on David, who was busy devouring his lunch. David shrugged when he felt Noah's gaze—he was a class junior to them, clearly, he had no idea. 

Noah certainly didn't remember, Mr Bridgers would be talking all of the projects together. 

"Shit!" 

While Noah chomped on his bread, frustrated he won't be attending tonight's party, David mumbled, "Sexy..."

Both of their eyes followed to where David's gaze stayed. It was a brunette girl and they hadn't seen her. Probably the first years from different departments however, Samuel concentrated on his cheeseburger as he felt hungry and already craved the burritos from breakfast. It was tasty. 

When he was about to take a bite a slap landed on his back followed by a voice, "So, guys, you're coming today, right?"

The cheese had slipped and fallen on the table from Samuel's burger. A few muscles twitched on his jaw as he snapped his head to Rogers. 

"No!" He answered with gritted teeth. He was hungry and it was the cheese he hadn't had for at least three months—which now stayed firmly on the table all scattered, if he could add. He had been working out on his abs and that's why he only ate salads, protein shakes and chicken soups. Most of his fast-food cans had expired and he certainly didn't like to bother cooking foods. However, he treated himself pizza last night. 

"What? You aren't coming? Are you serious?" Rogers displayed the same emotions as his friends gave him a moment ago. 

"I have projects." He angrily chomped on his burger which had emptied with only veggies. 

"No! Please, say yes! Monica would be coming tonight and she was asking whether you're coming or not."

"Monica Hamilton?" Noah asked. 

"Yes!" A grin formed on Rogers's face. He was trying so damn hard to have his hands on her but she was greedy. Any boy would want her as she had a doll-like face and a model's body. Even Noah was trying to get her attention.