Chapter 20

Samuel woke up as he felt the illuminating light in his room a bit irritating his deep slumber. As he blinked open his eyes, he found white walls, the smell of bleach and a stiff bed which wasn't his.

He looked around and got confused to find himself in a hospital bed. A thin pipe was attached to his arm and he felt his head heavy. He groaned as he tried to sit. His body was heavy and he found Kennedy lying her head down around his feet. She sat on a chair but still was asleep.

What the hell had happened!

As he sat up, Kennedy woke up immediately. She was in her gown from the last night and had only a long shrug to hide her body. Why was she in that clothes?

She looked at him with worried filled eyes and asked, "How do you feel?"

"Fine. But care to explain what happened?" He asked with a straight face.

"You got unconscious!" She exclaimed, "And I was scared that you have died!"

He gave her a look. "Well, I am not dead yet."

He looked around and asked, "Did you just bring me to hospital?"

"Yes! I called Dean, Noah and Adam since I didn't know what to do. You weren't waking up." She said as he took a while to register her words.

"You called Dean and Noah!" He asked.

"Yes?" She blinked, trying to find his sudden outburst.

"You called DEAN and NOAH!" He hissed, "Why? I am pretty sure that I was just conscious because I hadn't eaten."

"Samuel! You weren't waking up!" Kennedy shouted.

"Yeah, that because I was taking a nap! I was tired!"

"You weren't even making any fucking sound!"

"That doesn't mean you have to call all of them!"

"So what do you expect me to do?" She stood up, fuming with anger and asked, "Whom should I call then? Because if you didn't know yet, I have no one here to ask what should I do and where should I go to admit you."

"You could have splashed some water! I would have woken up."

"I poured an entire jug of water yet you didn't wake up!" She huffed and Samuel stared at her. Really? Was he really unconscious like that! He certainly felt dizzy but he had no idea he would be gone like that.

"Oh! I wasn't?" He asked and it made Kennedy more pissed. He could see her face getting red. "I see... Then you did a good job." Honestly, he didn't know what to say her because he just lashed out on her without any reason.

Kennedy scoffed in anger and said, "You wake up and the first thing you do is screaming on me and now all you do is saying me 'you did a good job'!?"

He knew what she was implying... He was sorry but to say it to her made his ego a little hurt. "Thank you for calling Dean and Noah." He muttered as he avoided her eyes.

"Oh! I see... So you still wouldn't say sorry for screaming at me with no reason. Is that it?" She asked.

He clenched his fists and said, "Alright! Sorry! Okay!" He looked away and said, "I just don't like to involve them or burden them."

"Why not? They are your brother and your best friend." She said, "Involving them would only make them happy. They never once were burdened when I call them. They were worried, and Noah and Gwen stayed at our apartment. Even Adam and Sheila came with the twins to see if we needed them."

At that Samuel looked at her with wide eyes. "They all came?"

But why?

"Yeah! Why wouldn't they?" She asked back but Samuel didn't know what to answer. Why would they come because all he had done was to distancing himself from them.