Chapter 4

The music was so loud that it made Kennedy's skin tingles and her lungs felt like mush. The bass thumped in time with her heart beat as though they were one, filling her from head to toe with music. She liked this song.

Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. She couldn’t make out any words, but laughter rang in her ears and wouldn’t seem to stop. 

Kennedy followed Sheila and her husband, Adam. Sheila was beautiful with her sandy blonde hair and her husband was equally handsome; they made a perfect match. Kennedy was envious of their love story as she had described it thousand times. 

They met in the school and he was a delinquent and then he turned into a charming gentleman after Sheila came. Adam never failed to show off his love in front of anyone and strangely enough, it showed an authority over what was actually his. She's been observing both of them for the last one year, they had twins and they made a happy family.

Kennedy first met Sheila at her previous working place when she came here and they were rivals. Without their knowledge they became friends and Kennedy couldn't be more happier than this. After the bankruptcy, they both worked for the mart and there, they found Mac. 

"Hey Mac!" Sheila shouted over the music. 

Mac was looking dashing with his broad shoulders that are hidden beneath his navy blue shirt. He was surrounded by his friends. 

They all shared a small hug as a greeting and Mac said pointing out a tall guy beside him, who looked just like him but a bit younger version, "Meet my brother, Rogers." The introduction went on but when their eyes fell on Adam they froze. 

Mac said with a bit of hesitation visible in his voice, "Err...Adam?"

"My husband," Sheila answered and the frown deepened. 

"You guys know each other?" Sheila asked her husband exactly the question Kennedy's mind had formed. 

"Yes, something like that," he looked down at Sheila, his features turned gentle, "But don't worry, everything is going great between us." He kissed her deep while his eyes stayed at Mac with a message, deep meaning behind it. Kennedy could feel a tension had thickened the atmosphere around Mac and his friends. It was as if a warning sign from Adam to him. 

"Let's get to dance!" Sheila said and Adam went behind her, protecting her from the watchful eyes of lust filled gazes—with his dark glares, that is. He surely was delinquent, Kennedy could sense it. She only hoped he wasn't as delinquent as before because that would hurt Sheila's feelings. She went through a lot of struggle just to be with him and Sheila never once regretted it. 

"Shall we dance?" Mac asked snapping Kennedy's attention and she nodded when Rogers called out. 

"What?" Mac asked. 

"Meet my friends."

Kennedy turned around and a gasp let out from her mouth. A beauty spot above the right eyebrow came near her view; Samuel. 

He wore a black shirt with a black jeans, his muscles visible through it while his grey eyes stared right at her. She didn't understand if he was angry or happy to see her here. He was as expressionless as before but he looked...sexy—presentable. Very much presentable. Her heart thumped and she couldn't fathom whether it was because of the loud music or the tall frame staring at her. 

She sneaked a peek at him again, his hair was combed with gel and his high cheekbones and mysterious demeanor made his intimidating. He didn't need to look good. He was already modeling worthy. 

"This is Noah, Samuel and David."

Kennedy nodded while muttering a weak hello. She didn't know what to say as she never thought she would stumble before him. Should she avoid letting people know that she lives with him or she would just say casually that we know each other.