Chapter 5 - 🔥

*Mature content ahead

All the way to their apartment, Kennedy sniffed in Samuel's car. Silent tears rolled on her face and created translucent paths on smudge makeup. He drove them home without mumbling any words.

Kennedy gripped the ages of her dress while looking out through the window. She wanted to wrap herself with a blanket and hid under it. She was messed up. Her job was gone as Mac was the manager and now, she had even hit him-apparently, slapped him in front of everyone. She would lose her roof as well as a dark aura was coming out of Samuel and she certainly didn't know why. Maybe because she was careless and now Mac and his friendship had ended because of her. More tears came out.

She wanted to go home to her parents. She didn't have money and now probably no job and definitely no roof.

"Why the fuck are you crying?" Samuel growled beside her, anger coated his voice.

"I..." No words formed other than more sniffing and tears. She was sure her face was now like a turtle's poop.

He stopped the car just before their building and asked, putting more pressure on his word, "What?"

"I..."

"I'm pretty sure, I don't need to learn alphabets as I'm a topper."

"I...L..."

"That's two alphabets," he mumbled.

She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands and all of her mascara painted it black.

"I lost the job." She burst into tears while her head hung low and voice was weak.

"There are pretty much millions of jobs out there, and I'm pretty sure you're not incapable of grabbing one."

In her reply, she only sniffed. She certainly thought herself incapable as the first ever job she got was because of her father and the last one through Sheila. She was a stuttering mess when it comes to confronting people with higher knowledge or superior than her. She wasn't exactly a social awkward person but she tended to confuse herself.

He parked the car and stepped out and Kennedy followed him like a good little girl. They stepped into the lift and waited for the door to close.

"Stop crying already. It's annoying."

She felt hurt and bit her lips to stop the sniffing when he added, "I've known Mac for all of my childhood. What you did out there was what he deserved."

The door closed. "Last time I checked, the girl he used to bully had committed suicide."

A shiver went through Kennedy's body. She never thought Mac was a bully but he surely was a psycho.

"Wha-what happened to her?" She asked, finally looking up at Samuel who now was leaning against the wall of the lift, eyes closed.

"He persuaded her to believe he loved her then made her do what she didn't want." Ding. The door opened when they reached the third floor.

"He spread every picture and video all over the internet." He looked at her, his eyes turned dark, "She committed suicide. The end."

Kennedy felt like a storm had gone through her. She could never imagine him like that. She held herself and wondered what would he do, if Samuel never appeared. Nobody warned her.

"Come on! What are you waiting for?" Samuel called from near the door of his apartment.

She dragged herself out of the lift and felt her feets become like mushes. They entered the room.