19: The Nemeton

It didn't take long for Stiles and Deaton to go out and bring Scott back to the animal clinic, where they were all waiting for Deaton to explain his idea.

Allison, Stiles -- and after a little bickering between the twins -- Scott was going to be submerged under icy baths of water until they reach the state between life and death, where they would hopefully be able to figure out where the Nemeton is through their memories. After, the surrogates that tied them to life would bring them back, though taking part would leave a mark of darkness over their hearts permanently.

As everyone prepared themselves, Sky and Ariel sit and idly watch as the baths are set up. Ariel bites her lip worriedly as she thinks about all the possible things that go wrong, not noticing Scott hesitantly making his way closer to them.

Scott awkwardly shuffles his feet as he stands in from of them, glancing at Sky and opening and closing his mouth a few times before he starts.

"Sky --"

The girl barely suppresses a groan, "What?" Sky sighs, slumping in her seat and Ariel watches cautiously as she deflates, her shoulders slumping as all fight seems to drain from her. 

"I -- I'm sorry. About everything."

Slowly, Sky raises her gaze, waiting for him to continue as Ariel pretends she's not listening by staring at the closest wall.

Scott swallows before he speaks, "I feel like ever since you got back I haven't been able to get anything right. Every time I say something it comes out wrong and I put a wedge between us even more and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have implied what you went through was wrong. I wasn't there. And I know you. You hate seeing people hurt. Especially those who you think don't deserve it. I should have been a better brother. I should have supported you when I knew you were going through a hard time but I got caught up in everything and trying to stop the murders," he stops, staring at her seriously as he whispers. "I would have never stopped looking for you, you know? Please, tell me you know that."

Sky stands and faces her brother, searching his face for a moment before she steps towards him as he waits anxiously.

"I know," Sky whispers, giving in and moving into his space to let him wrap her in a hug. "I'm sorry for being a bitch. I get why you made the deal, I was just salty about it. And I had Ariel, don't worry."

"I know. I'm glad you had her," Scott smiles slightly, looking to Ariel, who was now openly watching them with a grin, speaking his next words to her. "You were there for her when I wasn't, Ariel. You were there for me when Sky wasn't there. I'll always be there for you from now on. Both of you. I promise. You're my best friends."

Stiles's head pops in from what seems like nowhere, "Where's my appreciation?"

Ariel pointedly ignores him, making him sigh as she brings a hand to her chest, "I can't be mad at that face," she admits with a smile as she stands up and moves behind Sky to hug them both, Stiles joining too as he wraps his lanky arms around them and pats them on the back. "And this is my favourite thing to see. A McCall sandwich. The cure to all heartache."

Sky chuckles, "Okay, okay," she moves out of their hold, rolling her eyes as she watches Ariel bounce closer to Scott to squeeze him into a tighter hug and plants a kiss on his cheek before she lets him go and they share a grin.

Ariel feels Scott grasp her arm gently and she looks up at him again to find his serious but gentle gaze settled on her. 

"How are you feeling?" He murmurs.

Ariel pats his hand, "Don't worry, bestie, I'm hanging in there."

"You sure you don't wanna let me take your place?" Sky asks her brother, though she already knows what he'll say.