06: Darach

"Where have you been?" is the first thing Scott asks Ariel when he approaches her at the starting line for the track they were about to run. "Someone else has gone missing."

Ariel glances sideways at him as she stretches, bending down to touch her toes, "Home," she mumbles.

"Really?" Stiles butts in with a smirk. "'Cause Lydia text us asking where you were, 'cause you weren't at home."

"Fine," Ariel rolls her eyes. "I wasn't tired so I spent the night looking for leads on where Sky could be since Boyd said they had taken her out of the vault over a month ago."

"Without us?" Scott asks with a frown.

Ariel gives him a look, "Well, you've been so occupied with everything else that you've seemed to have forgotten about looking for your sister, so I carried on alone."

Scott shakes his head, "I haven't --"

The Couch blowing his whistle makes him wince as everyone starts running, Ariel and Isaac shooting straight off, though Isaac seemed to be focused on the twin Alpha's that were running ahead and shot after them.

"Pace yourselves!" Coach shouts.

Scott looks between the two in front of him, eyes widening when he notices Isaac going faster in the direction of the twins, "Isaac!"

Isaac doesn't glance back, "It's them."

"Isaac, wait!" Scott shouts after him. "Isaac!"

Ariel sighs, running after them, stopping when they get to a clearing, seeing the twins holding Isaac.

The first twin, Aiden, looks at his brother with a smirk, "Ethan, I always forget, how many bones are in the human body?"

Ethan sends Isaac an identical smirk as he moves closer, "I don't know. Let's count."

Scott shoots towards them, landing a harsh punch in his face, hearing a satisfying crack as Ethan flinches back, holding a hand to his now broken nose, "That's one."

Ariel stops next to Scott, a glare on her face directed at the twins as they square off, feeling herself starting to turn --

A scream echoes through the forest, making all of their heads whip around towards the sound in surprise, the tension between them dissipating as they all run to the source of the scream.

The class surrounds a tree and tied to it is a body -- their throat slit and head bashed in.

A girl screams when she recognises him, having to be stopped by the police as he tries to run up to the body, saying it was her boyfriend, Kyle.

Isaac looks to Scott, "It's him, isn't it?" he asks, referring to a guy that had gone missing after visiting the Animal Clinic. Scott nods solemnly. 

Ariel glances at them, realising this must of been the person Scott had just mentioned to her.

The Sheriff and his deputies try to push everyone clear of the crime scene, "Back up!" shouts Deputy Tara. "Everyone back!" 

***

Isaac turns to Scott, "You see the way the twins looked at him?" he asks as he glances back at them, seeing the twins talking amongst themselves.

Stiles sends him a look, "Yeah, you mean like they had no idea what happened?"