03: Memory

Lydia sighs as she looks down at the bruises on her and Allison's arms, trying to see the shapes Allison was telling her were there.

"I don't know," she says, squinting at her arm. "It doesn't look like much to me."

Allison shakes her head as she focuses on the road whilst she drives, "It's a pattern," she tells Lydia. "It means something."

Lydia gives her a sceptical glance, "You really think Scott's gonna know what it is?" 

"No," Allison admits. "But he might know someone who does. Or maybe Ariel will know something."

"How are you so sure that it means anything at all?" Lydia asks, doubtfully.

"Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott. It's like she needed to find him," Allison tells her. "Like she had to. And that means something."

"And she had a message for my sister," muses Lydia.

"Yeah," Allison nods with a frown. "But from who?"

***

Stiles stops in front of the house party he, Scott and Ariel were supposed to be heading into, sending the other two teens a look, "What?" 

 Scott frowns, looking at him, "What, what do you mean, 'what'?" he asks, confused.

Stiles rolls his eyes, "I mean 'what,' and you know what. Ariel's grumpy face is the 'what'."

Ariel lifts her head up to frown at Stiles, "I'm not grumpy --" she starts to argue, but trails off, blinking at Stiles's raised eyebrows, "Oh, whatever." 

Scott still looks confused, "What?"

"The looks you were giving," Stiles points out.

"I didn't give a look," Scott denies.

Stiles scoffs, "Oh, it may not have been as obvious as Ariel's, but there was a distinct look, Scott."

"What look?" Scott asks.

Stiles sighs, "The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party."

Scott hesitates, "It's not that -- Well, it is," he admits. "It just seems weird going to a different high school party. Or a party in general . . ."

"Like we shouldn't be here," Ariel mutters. "We shouldn't be partying when Sky needs us."

Stiles's face drops, "What? Would you --" he groans. "Just one drink, all right? It's fine to take a break every now and then. Sky wouldn't want you missing out on things for her," he assures them.

"Now, I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison, no Lydia, no Sk --" Stiles stops himself with a wince, shaking his head. "Tonight, we're having fun." 

Scott nods, "You're right."

Ariel blinks, "He is?" she wonders.

"That's right," Stiles smirks. "I'm right."

Scott starts to walk towards the party, "Moving on," he nods to himself.

Ariel frowns, walking after them, "Moving on -- from Allison, right?"

Stiles nods to her, "Onward and upward."

"Let's do this," Scott says.

"That's what I'm talking about," Stiles grins. "Now look at me."