22: Coyote

From above her, Ariel both feels and hears Sky let out a disgruntled groan as she pulls away from Ariel's lips to reach for her phone that was ringing yet again, the sound which she had been ignoring due to not wanting to remove her hands from where they'd slipped under Ariel's shirt after pulling her into a long kiss. She's not sure how, but once Sky had managed to drag her into it, the sneak had then managed to prolong it for at least ten minutes in her bed. Unfortunately, the first unanswered call was followed by another three so Sky begrudgingly needed to get up to check it wasn't important, though not without glaring at the device for interrupting them.

Initially, Ariel had tried to force them into keeping on top of their school work whilst they actually had some free time, not wanting to let the bad things that happened affect their education. Stiles and Scott had been asked by the Sheriff to see if they could help find a lead on the body of a girl that had gone missing eight years ago after the rest of the family died in a car accident barring the father.

Now the Sheriff was clued into the supernatural side of things, he had been looking back at unsolved cases with a new perspective and this particular one stood out to him. Sky had wanted to join them at first, happy to dive into any kind of trouble, but Ariel had pulled her back to say they weren't needed this time and could spend some time alone instead. This had got her attention, but what she didn't know was that Ariel would try to drown her in books and math-induced headaches -- though little did Ariel know, Sky was now super confident in her distraction skills when it came to her and was very happy to put them into play.

"Scott Gregorio McCall, someone better be dying -- " Sky grouses, before pausing and correcting herself. "No. Someone important better be dying right now."

"Did you know our dad was trying to get Stiles's dad fired?" Scott greets with, barely concealed frustration in his tone as he gets straight to the point.

Sky stills, untangling herself from Ariel, who frowns at the phone in confusion as she listens in.

"What?" Sky breathes, shocked before shaking her head, scoffing, "Wait, why am I surprised? Of course he is."

"Yeah, I'm almost home. Is he there?" Scott asks.

Sky clenches her jaw, face displaying her bubbling anger as she listens out, hearing heavier footsteps downstairs.

"Yes."

"Good. Be right there. Don't kill him," Scott answers before hanging up.

"Sky. . ." Ariel starts hesitantly, seeing her fists clench, and she scrambles to stand as Sky starts marching to the door with an angry glare on her face. "What are you doing? He said don't kill him."

"He can't get away with this," Sky just snaps, though Ariel knows it's not directed at her and she rushes to follow her downstairs.

Ariel bites her lip, almost feeling pity for Rafael when she realises he was about to be faced with two angry McCalls.

She barely reaches the bottom of the stairs before Sky has made her way to her father, who looks up at her arrival, raising his brows.

"Skylar," he starts, looking a little hopeful, but his tone turns a little confused when he takes in her features. "Hey, I --"

"No," Sky cuts off with a shake of her head. "Hey, nothing. It's bad enough that you had to come barging back into our lives like this, now you're trying to ruin Mr Stilinski's career too? Why?"

Ariel steps next to her and puts a gentle hand on her back, not moving to say anything, even when the man glances at her questioningly through the tense silence after Sky speaks. She doesn't want to get in between family matters but she still wants to make sure Sky knows she has her back.