28: Pain

A groan escapes Sky's lips as she floats back to semi-consciousness, a gentle pressure on her shoulder jolting her slightly, forcing her to come to as she cracks her eyes open, squinting against the blurriness and the flashing ceiling lights above her. Her sight focuses and a familiar comforting face comes into view, causing Sky to let out a relieved sigh.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" she mumbles, lifting her hand to rub her head, wincing at the ache. "I think I need you to nurse me back to health."

"Oh, you're fine. Thank God," Ariel breathes as she leans over her with wide eyes, before sitting back in relief. "What the hell happened?"

Grunting, Sky starts to sit up, Ariel helping her with a steady arm as she leans back against the wall. She eyes the commotion at the end of the hallway before she looks back at her girlfriend.

"I think Stiles just KO'd me." 

Ariel blinks, before her eyes widen, "Oh, no."

"Oh, yes," Sky grumbles before she starts to pull herself up. "I need to go after him."

"Woah, woah," Ariel scrambles up with her, stopping her with a hand on her shoulder. "Wait. I think you should come with me first to talk with Scott. Stiles has been up to something a lot more than sleepwalking."

Sky sends her a confused look, "Like what? What has he been doing?"

"Something dangerous."

"Are you ready?"

Sky looks up to Ariel with a sigh from where she sits on her bed the following morning, grabbing her bag and filling it with the books she'd need for school before she stands, "Now I am."

"Alright," Ariel smiles slightly, tilting her head to the side. "Scott's downstairs. C'mon."

When they reach the bottom of the stairs, they spot Scott clutching his backpack as he awkwardly stands near their mom, who nurses a cup of coffee where she sits.

"Any news?" Scott asks her.

"They're still looking for him," Melissa replies, gazing down at the counter. "It's past the forty-eight-hour mark, but I guess if anyone's going to be missing for two days and turn up just fine, it's Stiles," she says, smiling to herself by the end of her sentence. She glances at her daughter. "Haven't you two done that before?"

Ariel snorts, "Of course you have." 

Sky grimaces, "That was only like twenty hours. We were fourteen," she defends, shrugging when her Mom rolls her eyes.

"What about Isaac?" Scott asks, glancing between them all as an uncomfortable silence settles between them. 

Whatever Stiles had done to the wiring at the hospital had caused a sparking wire to come loose outside, which led to people getting electrocuted once they stepped into the large puddle of water, including Isaac. When the cable had snapped loose, it had fallen into the road, making an ambulance swerve and crash into a water pipe, causing the water build-up. Isaac had been protecting Allison, who had been about to stand in the water when he pushed her out of the way, stepping in it instead. Now, due to the seriousness of his injuries, he was stuck in the hospital in a lot of pain, his werewolf healing not able to help enough, though he probably would have died if he wasn't one.