10: Motel California

"All right, so I have five."

Scott frowns as he turns to look at Stiles, who sits on the bed in their motel room.

"Five?" he asks. "You have five suspects?"

Stiles nods, "Yeah, it was originally eleven. Well, ten technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice."

Scott sighs, "So who's number one? Harris?" he wonders.

Stiles points a finger at Scott, "Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead."

"So if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices," Scott says, looking sceptical at the idea.

Stiles bites his fingernail, eyebrows furrowing at the thought, "Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head."

"Well, what if it's somebody else from school?" Scott asks. "Like, you remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people."

Stiles blinks, "Excuse me? I'm sorry, what? I -- yes, we did," he exclaims, incredulous. "I called that from day one, actually."

Scott rolls his eyes, "Yeah, but we never really seriously thought that it was Matt."

Stiles scoffs, "I was serious. I was quite serious, actually. Deadly serious. No one listened to me."

Scott gives him a look, "Who were the other four?" he asks, changing the subject.

"Derek's sister, Cora," Stiles tells him. "No one knows anything about her, and she's Derek's sister. Next, your boss."

Scott's eyebrows raise, "My boss?"

Stiles nods, "Yeah, your boss," he clarifies. "I don't really like the whole Obi-Wan thing he's got going on, you know. It freaks me out," Stiles pauses at the blank look on Scott's face. "Oh, my God. Have you still not seen Star Wars?"

Scott's face turns sheepish, "I swear, if we make it back alive, I will watch the movie."

Stiles shakes his head in disappointment, "Just makes me crazy."

"So, who are the last two?" Scott questions.

Stiles sighs, fiddling with his fingers, "Lydia. She was totally controlled by Peter, and she had no idea. "

"Okay, and the last?" Scott asks, frowning when Stiles hesitates.

Stiles pauses, looking like he was debating something before sighing, "Sky."

Scott's face falls, "What?" he breathes.

"I know, dude, but you can't deny that her disappearance and how she just came back out of nowhere as an Alpha was suspicious," Stiles tells him. "And she refuses to tell us what happened."

"But --"

"Wow," drawls a familiar voice from the doorway and the boys freeze, looking over to see Sky standing, face blank as she watches them. "You would have thought your best friend would have a little bit of understanding after you get kidnapped by a psychotic werewolf pack for months before you barely escape with your life," she mutters, rolling her eyes.

Stiles scrambles to stand when she turns to walk away, "Wait, Sky!" he calls out, shoulders slumping as she ignores him.

A moment of awkward silence passes before Scott looks back at Stiles.

"Dude --"

Stiles sighs, "I know."

***