26: Oni

Without hesitation, as if Derek's entrance was a signal, all the werewolves in the house launch into a fight, roaring and swiping their claws left and right as they try to dodge the oncoming attacks.

Ariel swipes her claws as she growls at one of the creatures that focus on her, ducking as a sword comes flying towards her face, coming inches from touching her. She stands quickly, looking down with a frown as she notices it had clipped a few strands of hair from her head. In return, she bares her teeth angrily.

"Not the hair," she growls out, before she sends a harsh kick at the figure in front of her, sending it stumbling backwards slightly. "Asshole."

"Mom, the ash!" She hears Scott shout from behind her where he grapples with his own attackers, and in the corner of her eye, she sees Melissa run to the door with Sky trailing behind her as she pushes any advancing ninjas back. 

They start to get almost overwhelmed as they're surrounded, but then the glass of the windows crashes inwards as Ethan and Aiden join the fight, immediately jumping toward any dark figures that they see.

Quickly, Melissa makes it to the door, following as they manage to force the last of the creatures outside and throws the jar down, the mountain ash forming a barrier around the house.

With bated breaths, Ariel watches with the others as the ninjas stand idly by the door, unable to step any further, and she releases a breath of relief. She feels a hand on her shoulder and she turns, seeing Sky looking at her worriedly, asking a silent question.

"I'm fine," Ariel assures her,  squeezing her hand as she looks around at the others. "We're all fine."

"Yeah," Sky murmurs, glancing back in the direction of her father. "For now."

***

As soon as they were almost sure that the barrier was holding, they began to disperse within the house as they wait. By the front entrance, Ariel and Sky stand with Derek and Scott as they survey the area.

"All the baseboards are ash wood?" Derek asks as they stare at the space around the open door.

"Uh, yeah, it was Deaton's idea," Scott nods before he glances at Derek curiously. "And where the hell did you come from?"

"I've been following you."

"That is creepy, Derek," Sky scoffs.

Scott shakes his head, "For how long?" he asks.

Derek shrugs nonchalantly, "All day."

"Really?" Ariel wonders, impressed. "You're good."

"I know."

Making her way back to the living room, Ariel's gaze is drawn to Kira as the girl stands staring at the window where one of the creatures is standing, staring from where they are separated by the mountain ash. She had been quiet ever since Rafael had come in and Ariel was worried she was getting a little overwhelmed -- though she couldn't blame her.

She's distracted from her thoughts as Aiden gains her attention when he narrows his gaze at the girl and steps closer to her, "It's Kira, right?" he asks as he looks her over. "You going to tell us what you are?"

Kira looks between him and his brother nervously, "What?" she asks, stepping back. "What do you mean?"

"Aiden --" Ethan tries to warn.