14: Trying

"I'm gonna kill him."

Ariel blinks, looking over from where she sits in the driver's seat of her car as she turns to Sky, who was frowning down at her jacket, a look of almost despair on her features accompanying the annoyance etched there.

"Kill who?" She asks, instinctively glancing around to check for any immediate danger before focusing back on Sky.

"Aiden. Look," Sky grumbles, pulling the collar of her jacket forward to show a clear tear in the fabric.

Raising her brows, Ariel grimaces slightly, "That's your favourite jacket," she realises.

Sky nods, huffing slightly, "You got me this jacket," she mutters. "I'm definitely killing him."

Ariel hums, starting the car, "Well sweetheart, can it at least wait until we've gone for pizza? All this death and violence is making me hungry."

Sky pauses, eyebrows furrowing in thought for a moment before she nods slowly, "Yes, yes, pizza first. Can't get revenge on an empty stomach," her lips lift into a lopsided grin that she turns on to Ariel. "You have the best ideas."

Ariel's lips twitch in amusement, "I try." 

She opens her mouth to ask her where she wants to go, but Sky's attention is quickly pulled away by the sound of her phone and watches from the corner of her eye as she answers the call.

"'Sup idiot. Who's died now?" Sky greets, ignoring the look Ariel sends her.

"What?" replies Stiles. "Noone - well, lots of people have died and more probably will but -- wait -- that's not why I'm calling," his ramble stops. "Do you know where Scott is?"

"No, do I need to be worried?" Sky asks, frowning slightly as she puts the phone on speaker.

"No, no, you don't. Allison's gonna keep trying his phone. But we need to warn him, warn my dad."

"Warn him?" Ariel asks, worry seeping into her tone. "About what?"

"Law enforcement are the next targets. Philosophers," Stiles breathes. "Allison figured out the pattern."

"What are you going to do?"  they hear Cora ask Stiles from the other end of the call.

"I'm going to tell him the truth," Stiles tells them all. "And I'm going to need your help."

Sky and Ariel share a look, "We're on our way," Sky tells him, ending the call.

"This is gonna be fun," says Ariel as she steps on the gas.

"So much for dinner."

"Yeah, don't remind me."

***

"Well, this is incredibly awkward."

"Hush," Ariel whispers from where they sit on the edge of Stiles's bed, trying to fidget as little as possible due to the annoyed looks Cora kept sending her from where she also sat awkwardly next to them.

Ariel looks back over to where Sheriff Stilinski sits at Stiles's desk, sending her and Cora a polite smile while Stiles paces around, muttering to himself as he tries to figure out what to say.

The Sheriff sighs, seeing his son wasn't going to speak, "Stiles--"

Stiles stops, spinning to face his father, "I'm just trying to figure out how to start."

Shrugging, Sky leans forward, "Maybe a direct approach? I could always, you know -- whip it out?"

Ignoring Cora's snort, both Ariel and Stiles shake their heads rapidly at her suggestion as the Sheriff watches on cluelessly.