𝟏𝟎

HURRYING TO GRAB MY BELONGINGS, I grasp my phone, checking the time; 6:23

HURRYING TO GRAB MY BELONGINGS, I grasp my phone, checking the time; 6:23. I've been here long enough and I have no intention on staying any longer. Walking away from the side of the bed I rush to the window ledge, peering outside for any way to escape. Looking down, climbing out wasn't an option. Accepting defeat the only way I can get out of here is one of the many doors in this maze like mansion.

I slowly pry the door open, sitting silent for a couple of seconds ensuring no one was around before creeping out into the dimmed hallway. I then tiptoe down the curved stairs, careful not to make too much noise.

Now on the ground floor I look around, in hopes to find a window to safely sneak out of and in success, In the middle of the wall sits a bay window with the sunlight brightly showing through.

I tiptoe towards it, praying it will open and with that their answered; the white polished window slowly raised just enough for my to slip out of it. Taking a final look around with the coast clear, I lift my left leg then my right slightly dangling down before lowering myself to the ground. I then hide in the bushes, finding myself in direct view of a gate that leads to what seemed to be a forest.

A forest! Whose house is this?

I make a run for it, not looking back until I reach the gate, prying it open and slipping myself through the gap. There was an old concrete pathway however that was all insight in spite of the trees and leaves so I began to run again, this time hopelessly following the path in hopes to find a main street. Why someone would choose to live in such a  secluded area I do not know.

My exhaustion gets the better of me, with my back aching and my pace slowing however I had finally found a road. Pulling out my phone I quickly search for a street sign in sight before proceeding to call a cab, naming my location to the hospital; remembering I'd left my car there. After what seemed to be twenty minutes I had finally made it to the hospital, thanking and paying the driver, before sliding into my car seat and taking a deep breathe. Wow.

I turn my key, pull out of the car park and drive my way home, parking my  car in the garage before walking to the house. I swiftly made my way upstairs and into my room, taking off my clothes and shoes in need of a shower. The heat of the water relaxes my muscles from what seemed to be a very surprising morning. Events of last night come back as I begin to add up how it all happened. Valentino saw me and helped me. Although I don't know what happened to the two men who attempted to assault the girl. Though he had helped me, my gratitude soon vanished at the conversation I had overheard, words replaying in my head. Though I didn't want to jump to conclusions, from his stance, the idea of Valentino commuting murder wasn't one I'd put past him. He has a cold demeaner. One that wasn't to be reckoned with. One I had foolishly got pregnant with.

Shaking away my thoughts I step out the shower and wrap my hair and body before grabbing a light grey shorts and jumper set along with a cropped white top. After moisturing my hair and skin I plump it, before placing it into a messy bun in aims to take my wild curls.