𝟐𝟎

we really want to learn more about our readers so in some chapters we will ask questions...

what country are you from?
we're from the uk 🇬🇧

sexual content ahead

*FLASHBACK*

"Mom!" I yell, tears streaming down my cheeks whilst I trembled in fear panicking.

"Hold on a minute cariño (sweetheart)" my mother gently says, trying to keep me calm, just as a sudden thud hits the car causing it to swerve whilst bullets surge through the sky, ripping through the back window, startling me into further panic.

"Get down Mi, and don't move until I ask you too Understood?" she sternly says, briefly looking at me with concern until I nod, before turning her focus back to the pummelling cars ahead. Her brave front cracked in her voice, alarm laced in her spanish accent. She accelerated down the street, trying to loose the blacked out van barrelling behind us, eyes shifting from the window screen to the rear view mirror and back again.

"Mi get up and look for my phone in my bag quickly" She hurriedly says, eyes glued to the van. I scamper in my seat, hurriedly searching in her bag with my hands trembling frantically roaming through the contents of the hand bag. But my hands were left empty, no phone to be found.

"It's not in there" I quietly say whilst shaking my head.

"Where's your phone?" She asks, glancing at me before looking back on the road. The black van was pacing behind us, whilst other vehicles beeped, the sound thumping in my head.

"It's in my bag, at the back" I sigh, looking back at the shards of glass covering the back seats.

"Okay," she deeply sighed, "Mi only if you feel brave enough baby, I need you to get your phone quickly. Okay?" she faintly smiled. Her smile was always warm and welcoming but her green eyes screamed fear and terror causing my stomach to churn slightly. She looked deeply in my eyes, non verbally communicating it'll all be okay. I nod back at her, giving a small but fearful smile before unbuckling my seatbelt slowly with the sways of the car before heading to climb over the seat to get my bag. But just as I'm about to climb a deafening beep echoes, a car with a panicked driver barrelling towards, the last thing I scream is "Mom!"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Mila" a husky voice calls out to me, at first sounding distant but suddenly closer and closer.

"Mila please wake up" it pleads again, shaking me lightly. Their touch immediately jolts me out of my sleep, my heart racing as I try and catch a breath of air.

"Hey hey it's okay. Your okay Mi" the voice soothes me as my eyes adjust to the darkness, a figure sitting on the side of the bed, only identifiable by the light penetrating through the curtains from the moon. I blink frantically, recovering from my heart frantically beating as if about to burst out my rib cage. As my eyes adjust they fall into his stormy ones, quickly easing my breathing pattern. I close mine, counting each breathe in my head just as the therapist had taught me, finding my self quickly relaxing at the smell of his cologne, his masculine scent sweetly tingling my nose. He sits there quietly, just waiting as my mind races from reality.