𝟏𝟐

valentino's office

AS WE MADE OUR WAY INTO THE OFFICE, everyone dispersed into their corners; Emiliano and Stefano sitting on the sofa placed in the right side of the room, Rico and Matteo seating opposite them in the single chairs and father proudly taking a seat a...

AS WE MADE OUR WAY INTO THE OFFICE, everyone dispersed into their corners; Emiliano and Stefano sitting on the sofa placed in the right side of the room, Rico and Matteo seating opposite them in the single chairs and father proudly taking a seat at the head chair of my desk whilst I made a B line to the bar located in the corner of the office, something I would need for the conversation ahead.

Pouring the whisky into my glass I could feel fathers burning stare piercing through my back. Taking a final swig I guzzled down the brown liquor down my throat, satisfied with the slight burning sensation felt down my throat.

Turning to face him, his eyes don't falter, now burning into mine. He seems to have a thousand words to say but nothing leaves his mouth. I hate that.

"Just speak father" I quickly say, slightly agitated by the silence that bellowed in the office.

"What do you mean speak? You're the one who needs to explain yourself!" he spat. "Why have I just come back from Italy to find out I have a grandchild on the way! With a woman I have no clue about. So speak Valentino! And don't you even think about lying to me boy!" he warned in a dangerously low tone, his arms crossed with a blank yet testing expression on his face.

Shit. I grab the empty glass and fill a sip full of whiskey into it before taking it to the head, leaning against the wall.

"I met her at After Hours a couple of months ago. We spoke and drank but she was too drunk to drive so I drove her home. Then things escalated..." I started

"Wait." Stefano interrupts, "Don't tell me this was the night you went AWOL after the club? The night I called you?" he wondered, tone slightly raised.

"Yes" I answered honestly, half hoping he wouldn't respond with a witting remake.

"So you left me to deal with business so you could fuck. Though I don't blame you. She's sexy" he finished, mentally drooling at the thought of Mila. I spoke too soon. I snapped my head at him.

"Stefano!" father barks, stopping him from saying anything else that will get him killed, stopping me from killing him. I glared at him, daring him to continue. Instead he sat mute, staring at the floor. Just as I thought.

His comment irked me, a sudden surge of jealousy erupting from my ego. I've never been territorial over a woman. But Mila isn't just any woman is she? My subconscious queries.

"She said she is 12 weeks" my father begins, forcing me back to focus. "How long have you known?" he continues, facing me.

"I only found out last night." fathers face turns in confusion. "We found her in an alley trying to stop men from attacking this little girl" he nods in understanding.

"But there's another problem" I continue. "Today she escaped the house." everyone's faces drop in shock. This was Sal's responsibility as capo to ensure safety and supervision in all properties so how she escaped a maxed out security house I am truly amazed.