Chapter 6| Dropped

"Why is it such a big deal Ryan?" I attested into the phone. Sydney was sitting next to me with her eyebrows furrowed looking at the phone.

"What do you mean why is it such a big deal, we are dating aren't we? Jace is a ruthless dangerous person, and you made a dumb mistake letting him take you to school." Ryan vacillated.

I could tell with his tone that him and Jace had some unspoken history.

"Ryan It was a fucking ride to school. I'm not his friend and I never slept with him. I will never do either of those things so I have nothing to worry about."

'He's going to turn you into something your not. Maybe it was just a car ride but it will be car ride after car ride until he fucking gets you killed" Ryan yelled

"Keep screaming at me and I'll show you how much I don't give a fuck about your opinion, or you." I rasped.

"How much you don't care about me? Mya your fucking psycho. I don't know why I thought I could deal with this."

I stared at the phone not knowing what to say. Maybe I am too much but my boyfriend just called me a psycho. Thats to much.

"Yeah.." I uttered. Those were the only words that my mouth allowed to release.

"Mya I didn't me-" I aggressively hung up the phone slamming my head into Syds chest.

"I don't know how to do relationships. I feel like I'm messing up already." I mumbled transferring my body to her legs, flipping myself to face the ceiling .

"Mya, It's okay. I know Ryan understands he has been with you all this time he should know your new to this contrivance. Although I thought he was being a bit dramatic but to each their own. Imagine if you saw him driving another girl to school, a girl that you hated . That way you can see things from his point of view." She comforted.

"This is why I don't do relationships." I grumbled.

**

It's been a few days since I've talked to Ryan or Jace. I've been hanging out with Kehlani, Asher and Sydney almost everyday. We make a really good group. I never thought I would find friends to join Syd's and I clique without the feeling of them being left out but this friendship is perfect.

I was laying in bed thinking if I should call Jace over to finally discuss the project. I wasn't in the mood to deal with his remarks and nitpicks at me right now, but I don't want to get behind on this project.

Not long after I text Jace asking him to come over he was at my door. Without a confirmation that he was coming or anything.

I got up pulling down my shorts knowing I didn't have time to change into leggings.

As I opened the door Jace took a second to take me all in. My spaghetti tee revealing my arms and my satin shorts that barely covered my thighs.

The corners of his mouth turned up into a smirk. I began to blush under his devil eyes. The way his eyes laid low and his wet curls were messily in his face did something to me.

Once he knew he had me in a trance he chuckled gliding past me. "Glad to know just looking at you causes you to squirm like a little girl." He said. His voice was deep and relaxed.

"Oh please your such a ass." I shot back. I followed him to the couch folding my legs letting my hands rest between them.

"Why didn't you text back you were coming?" I asked.

"I don't like texting." He spoke, laying his head back.

"You get weirder by the day."

"So what topic are we doing? I was thinking spor-" he started

"No, we are doing the power of music" I said cutting him off

He raised his eyebrows "Music? That's interesting. Why?" He questioned

"Just cause." I said. The real reason is because my sister loved music.. it was everything to here, and music is what got me through grieving her. Listening to all of her favorite songs over and over again, feeling them just as must as she did. But I was definitely not going to tell Jace that. That was way to personal to me.

"Okay whatever. You want to make a club?" He said moving on. I'm glad he didn't press me. He didn't really seem to care anyway.

"Yeah let's do a club. I can start making a flyer tonight so we can post it tomorrow." I said

"Sounds cool to me. Don't make it cheesy bullshit. but, hey I got some shit to handle, call me if you need my opinion on anything." He says.

"Okay." I wanted him to stay longer. I wanted to get to know him. It would make it easier to work with him.

He was walking out the door about to turn the lock. "Hey you want to meet at the cafe tomorrow?" I say trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

He chuckled walking up to me placing his hands slightly on my waist. The warmth of him made me comfortable in this situation. But this was a comfort I could never get used to feeling.

"Are you trying to ask me on a date Scott?" He whispers his lips inches away from mine.

"Hell no. I just want to be able to stand you on a daily basis" I shot out pushing him away.

He walks away from me "Whatever you say. But sure, I know you would love to see me" he says already outside of my door.

"Your arrogant." I shut the door in his face locking it

I walked back to my room declining yet another call from Ryan. Today was a day I really needed to read a page of my sisters journal.

I wanted to call my mom, to check on her. But I'm sure it would only make me realize more we had some such a shitty relationship.

Instead I laid in bed thinking of Jace. I wanted him out of my head but at the same time I wanted to know what he was doing right now. Was the shit he was handling dangerous? Was he coming back to his apartment tonight?

It's none of your business Mya. He's a asshole why do you care about what he's doing?

I screamed into my pillow pulling my covers over my head. Why do I care?