Chapter 11|Friends and Foes

I looked down at the phone before rolling my eyes. I was hurt, angry, sad, betrayed. I was feeling everything all at once.

I stared at the phone as it rung out and a split second later Sydney was dialing again. What the fuck. Who is she to hit my line after she fucked Ryan while we were very much still together?? I don't care how it ended, or how I feel about Ryan now, That is the most low-down thing they could've done to me.

How could Ryan dare say he loves me. If that's what his love looks like, I don't want it at all.

I let the phone rang out again, as I pulled into my complex. When I looked up at my front door there Sydney was. In all her whorerish glory. I turned off my car before taking a breath and getting out slamming the door.

"Sydney, leave" I said sternly. She's really pushing it showing up to my apartment. If I declined all of your calls what hint does that give you?

"Ellie come on, Please just let me give you some type of explanation. Please" She pleaded.

I scoffed as I pushed past her inserting my key into the knob, then pausing. "Sydney, I honestly never want to see you again. Go the fuck home." I said, trying to hold my composure.

"Like you haven't been up under Jace's ass" she mumbled.

I started boiling on the inside, trying to figure out if I should entertain her or just go in my apartment.

I turned around looking her in the eyes "I didn't fuck Jace. There's a difference. and the only reason I'm "up under him" IS BECAUSE WE'RE DOING THIS FUCKING PROJECT TOGETHER." I yelled. "The fact that you're even trying to JUSTIFY you fucking Ryan, even getting anywhere near that level with him, knowing we were dating, is fucking beyond me" I said coldly.

She stared at me for a few moments. "I'm really sorry Ellie" she said lowly before walking back to her car.

what the fuck ever. I said to myself before fully unlocking my door. I walked in dropping everything.

I though about today, and college, and my sister, my relationship with my parents, the end of a friendship with Sydney that I thought was going to last forever, and Jace. Everything hit me all at once and I sobbed.

I fell to the floor burying my face in my lap fully breaking down.

This is not going how I planned it. It was supposed to be me and Sydney forever. all of the college parties, the late night study, long nights in the library, joining sororities and clubs, partnering up for group projects when we were able to get classes together, I was robbed of all of that. All because she wanted to have sex with my boyfriend.

I took a deep breath before standing up and dragging myself to take a shower. you'll be okay, like always I thought to myself before turning on the water.

But will I?

Jace's secret pondered my mind as I walked with Key to my literature class. If Jace was in the mafia and that ugly tattoo connects the two, so was Ryan. And so was Asher.. which means I was surrounded by psychopaths.

Great.

I wonder if Key knew anything about this. It would be a pretty big secret for Asher to keep since they're twins and always together. She would have to be in the loop somehow.

So much for a normal college experience and normal friends.

"Earth to Ellie? Do you want to hang out with me and Sydney after classes? she asked me to go to the library with her but you might as well join since we just got that big assignment in Mathematics"

Shit. The fallout between me and Sydney was to fresh for me to inform anyone about it, and what a awkward conversation to have.

Yeah Syndey can roll in a ditch somewhere because she fucked my boyfriend.

"Sorry I have so much going on, But i can't today I have to work on the flyers for the music club." I lied. The flyers were already done, But i didn't feel like tainting Sydney's name at 10am.

"I'll be the first to join" Key said smiling at me.

"Thanks Key" I said returning a small smile. we made it to our class and found our seats. Asher was already waiting.

"Key are you wearing my cologne again? That stuff is like $100 buy your own, manly ass" he said half joking.

Key looked at him before sitting down and adjusting herself. "Why do that when I can just use yours? plus I like the smells better than perfume, Sue me." she said shrugging.

Asher sighed and turned to me.

"What's got you in a daze?" he asked.

"I'm just tired, who knew I would be feeling the college burnout already" I chuckled. Hoping he let it go.

Asher gave me a warm smile before turning towards the professor and opening his textbook. I then followed and did the same.

Asher? in the Mafia? I don't know..He doesn't have the heart for it.

Just because someone's nice doesn't mean they can't do bad things Mya Elise.

I groaned putting my head down on the desk. I wish I could go back to high-school when I was filling out college applications and choose a community college and deal with a mom that resented me. I didn't like the feeling of being around danger, and secrets.

When Jace first told me he was in the Mafia, It didn't sink in as deep as it in right now. I took it lightly I will admit... I was thinking of my high school friend Rhynn who sold a little weed sometimes around school. but this was much MUCH bigger. Jace was a murderer. and I knew about it.