Chapter 8| Don't Ask Questions

If I said Jace wasn't crossing my mind daily these past few weeks and that every time he spoked to my heart would beat sprightly  than ever I would be lying. There was just something about him. I hated how he made me feel, How I was begging for  his attention with every interaction. He gave me just enough to make me want a little bit more. His charm was getting to me.

These feelings only started to arise over the past few weeks. I couldn't pin point whether I just found him attractive as hell  or if I was swallowed in by his fucked up personality. Either way I want these feelings gone. He couldn't be a person I could fall for. Him and Syd were back talking, and me and Ryan were back stable. These feelings were arising at the absolute wrong time.

But I still had to see him constantly. I couldn't avoid him.

I was walking to study at the most quiet spot on campus. It was surrounded by trees and white flowers, and there sat in the very middle was a lake as clear as purified water and as blue as the sky. It sat at the very corner of campus, .9 miles away for almost everything that sat on college grounds.

I moved through the trees with my hands moving loose branches and vines out of my way. It was easy to spot Asher and Syd sitting on the swinging bench. They seemed into their conversation, the way Syd was intently focused on what Asher was saying. She was laying on his shoulder playing with the fabrics of his shirt.

Her and Asher have been spending a lot more time together, Although She and Jace weren't  together they  were obviously something. The close contact of them made me not want to interrupt. I turned around ready to go find a seat in the library when I bumped into something hard and toned.

I stumbled back to see Jace looking behind me at Asher and Syd.

"excuse me sir" I spoke. He almost knocked the lights out of me and he seemed unfazed. He was more focused on the swinging bench occupied by Asher and Syd.

His veins were pulsing out of his head as he observed the situation,

When Syd noticed Jace was there she snapped up moving to the other side of the bench. "Jace it's not what you think." Syd said.

"And what possibly would I think Sydney?" Jace looked curious. waiting for Syd to fuck up.

Moments passed, You could only hear the chirping of the birds. Jace sighed. "Sydney, I don't do relationships. You can do whatever the fuck you want. We aren't and will never be together. But don't come back to me after you've been all over my dad's son. He chided.

Syd was in utter shock. She stood up walking to Jace. "Never be together?"  She repeated. Jace towered over Syd lowering his head to her neck. "Never love."

He gave Asher a smug look before walking off. 

Asher was Jace's half brother? So that means Kehlani is his half sister. The more I learn the more confused I am.

"Syd are you insane? What is going on between you and Asher?" I peered pulling her out of the secluded area so Asher wouldn't hear our conversation.

"I don't know Mya, It was dumb. Jace is just so mysterious and closed off while Asher is open. But I love Jace, I wish he never saw that. Asher and I don't see each other like that. I needed someone to talk too. A person to touch and feel close too." She blabbered

I sighed pulling her into a hug I hoped and prayed Jace didn't mean what he said. Who just doesn't do relationships? Everyone has that one somebody that is meant for them. Jace just needed to find his somebody.

--------

I fumbled with my keys trying to open the door when I noticed a note on the ground. It read.

Lock your doors, Close your windows and ignore the noise- J

J could only mean Jace. I reread the note over and over again until I got a headache. What the duck is this supposed to mean. After the day Ive had with Syd and Asher drama I simply could not deal with this right now.

I walked over to Jace's door banging on it.

The door swung open and Jace had a gun to my face.I stumbled back in shock.  After he realized it was me he put it back in the band of his pants. " Scott, what are you doing here? Go home before you get hurt" He contested.

"Sure as soon as you tell me what this note means and why you put it in front of my door." I replied.

"It means exactly what it says." He addressed.

As I was about to respond five black cars came zooming past us. "Fuck" Jace said to himself. "Mya Elise are you always this stubborn?"

I wished just went inside of my house instead of always asking questions. I didn't know what I was stepping into but I knew it wasn't good. Jace pulled me inside of his apartment and slammed the door.

"Your going to listen to me and do exactly as I say. Go to my bathroom and hide. Don't come out, Don't make a single noise and Just stay there until I come and get you" He demanded

I nodded not knowing what to respond. Was I scared for my life? Yes. I assumed the bathroom of his apartment would be where the bathroom of my apartment would be and I was correct.

I rushed in locking the door resting my back against the bath tub. My breathing was unsteady and hitched.

Was I going to die tonight?