Chapter 5| First Day Bullshit

Chapter 5

I woke up ready to take on the day. If I was able to get this project in order then I would be able to do what I came to this college for.

When I woke up Ryan was already gone, I assumed he had earlier classes that me.

I got in the shower letting the water run down my spine, lathering my Vanilla Cookie body wash on my loofah. When the water was beginning to get cold I got out, looking over the outfit I was going to wear for today.

Today I was going to wear  a ruched drawstring gray T-shirt dress with some grey and white sneakers. I checked the weather to decide whether I should put on a jacket today. It read 56 degrees so I grabbed a cropped Jean jacket just in case.

I decided to get some coffee started before I did my hair and makeup.

Today was going to be light makeup. I just wanted to do my eyebrows and cover some dark spots.

I began curling my hair and when it was finished I  separated the curls to give myself some volume. Before I left I put on a fake nose ring with a gold snake on it ,along with a snake necklace and some gold rings.

"Heeeeeyyyy come on girl it's the first day of school. I'll be waiting in your car"

I turned around to see Syd standing at the door with a immense grin.

"Okay I'm coming now" I laughed.

Grabbing my keys and the textbooks I needed for today I left. When I got in the car I looked over Syds outfit.

She wore a white turtleneck under a oversized race car graphic T-Shirt along with some black cargo pants.

"You look really good today babes" I complimented her.

Syd was never the girl to wear dresses and skirts. She was into streetwear and things of that nature.

"Me? No look at you, looking fine as hell, All the guys will be all over you" she playfully said pulling on my dress.

She started the car and I put on my seatbelt. As she was about to pull off there was a knock on the passenger side window. I looked up to see Jace looking at me. His forearm laid on the hood of the car with his other hand on the door handle. What the hell?

I rolled down the window waiting for a reason.

"Get in my car we are going to be late." He said calmly as if that was the plan.

"What? We can just meet there. I don't have to ride with you." Confusion took over me. I looked over at Syd. She looked infuriated. She had no idea what was going on and what Jace and I were planning to do.

"Just get out the fucking car Mya" he bellowed. He then looked from me to Syd examining her from head to toe. "You look good." he decided with a smirk on his face. But you can see in his eyes he had much more vulgar thoughts.

"Fine." I said. I took off my seatbelt to get out of the car.

Jace chuckled knowing I gave in so easily, but I wasn't one for conflict, If me and Jace were going to work together we had to at least be cordial.

"Syd, I'll explain everything after our first lecture. " I promised her.

Me and Jace walked to his car in silence. "Is there any logical reason I have to drive to school with you?" I asked as I got into his car.

He bit his lip as if he was really thinking about it. "No," he finally says.

His car had an all gray interior with black threading on the seats. The display of the wheel and the radio gave off a sleek powerful look. His car was spotless. Not a speck of dirt on the floor of it.

"I saw Ryan coming out your apartment this morning" he drawled. He sat with one hand on the steering wheel. His muscles pulsed with every movement of the wheel.

"How do you know Ryan?" I questioned. His expression changed, He was intrigued.

"There's a lot you don't know and quite frankly I am annoyed by your presence to even consider telling you how I really know your sweet loverboy" He intoned.

"The feeling is mutual. Your such a jerk. I did nothing to you, I can't grasp your issue against me."

He tensed up, gripping the steering wheel austerely.

"Right, I'm sure you don't get the issue either." I mumbled. His expression softened for a split second before returning to being nonchalant.

He sighed, loosening his hands on the steering wheel. But he didn't say anything. I couldn't read him either.

By this time we were in front of the school, sitting in his car. I tried unlocking the door but it wouldn't budge.

"What? Are you going to kill me for telling you the truth?" I quizzically said.

"Just tap it twice."  He heaved.

I did as he said and the door pushed open on its own. I felt like a clutz. Of course he laughed eyeing my embarrassed expression.

After we confirmed to doing the project I rushed to my first class, with two minutes left before the class started I sat in my seat. Looking at everyone walk into the room, they all looked miserable.

I wondered if I will ever get to that state. The feeling of being miserable for the next three years frightened me. There were two people that soon sat to the left of me.  No doubt about it they are twins, a boy and a girl.

I didn't want to seem like a creep so I faced my attention to the front before they caught me examining them.

I wrote down the notes that were presented to me, checking the time every once in a while.

"I'm Asher" The boy twin whispered giving me a wide grin.

"Mya Elise." I say back. I gave him a small smile.

"I'm Kehlani." the girl twin said.

"Lani, can I be friends with somebody by myself for once.?" He groaned.

I giggled. Both Asher and Kehlani were gingers with green eyes. They both had beautiful long curly hair.

"Nice to meet you." I spoke. The bell ringed causing everyone to rush out. I collected my things, as I was walking out Asher and Kehlani asked for my number.

I scribbled it on a sheet of paper giving it to them . "See ya around" they both said walking out of the class.

I text Syd letting her know I wouldn't have time to meet after the first lecture so she could meet at my house afterschool.

The remainder of my day was long and boring. The professors were laying down ground rules and expectations. All I could think about is that Soon I would have to meet with Jace to discuss the topic our project.

Later that night I explained to Syd the situation between me and Jace. In between sentences she would give eye rolls and groans at how obnoxious he was.

We were talking about what we should explore in Miami when Ryan called me. When I answered he was screaming words into the phone. It caught me by surprise, "Ryan what the heck, Calm down." I shouted back at him.

"HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU HAD JACE HODGES DRIVING YOU TO THE COLLEGE" He screamed.

Sydney's eye widened at the words that came from the phone.