Chapter 9| Realization Part 1 and 2

MWAHAHHAHAHAA

-----------------------------------------

I laid against the tub thinking of all possibilities. It was easy to spot Jace was involved in something dangerous. Though he wouldn't say what it is.

I listened closely at the faint sounds coming from outside the door. I heard a door squeak open, firm footsteps walking into the apartment. and then pure silence. No yelling or arguing like I expected. I was slightly relieved for some strange reason. Anything could go wrong right now. Maybe Jace had messed with bad people. Maybe the people coming for him were looking for something.

I had no idea. I just didn't want my last day on earth spent in the bathroom of a asshole that smelled of delicious cedar and vanilla.

I adjusted my position, the hard white tub was making my back ache, still listening to the faint sounds coming from outside of the bathroom. I started hearing punches. The hard contact of a hand to a face. Grunts and groans were adamant.

Thud.

Something grand dropped to the floor. The sound was loud. Like a TV crashed into the wooden floors. What the fuck. I would more than anything rather be at home.

I didn't know how long I would be sitting in this cold bathroom, the aura of the situation made memories flood of when I found my sister's limp pale body on the bathroom floor. The way my heart dropped when I saw her, my eyes welling up wondering what went wrong. The shock that stopped me from saving her life.

She was foaming from the mouth, at least 50 red and white pills sprawled across the tile. I was frozen still. playing back every time we argued, fought, cried, laughed. I dropped to the floor moving the hairs out her face, sobbing against her chest. I spent minutes crying against her cold dead body. Minutes I should've spent calling for help. Those very important minutes couldve saved her life.

"If you got her here 10 minutes earlier we could've saved her. I'm so sorry, It's to late to flush the toxins out of her system. They have attacked her organs and lungs." The doctor spoke, The hard truth I didn't want to hear.

Mya!! Mya!! Open the door. The knob was jiggling.

I got out of my thoughts realizing Jace was knocking on the door. I jumped up rushing to get out of the conformed space. When I opened the door, Jace had a bruised eye and a bleeding nose.

His knuckles had cuts in them, also bleeding red. His once clean white shirt was splattered with blood.

"Ar-Are you okay?" I stuttered.

"I've dealt with worse. You can go home" He whinged.

I walked to the door stopping before leaving. Jace needed medical care, I didn't know if he was going to the hospital but I'm 90% sure he's going to act like the bad boy he is and deal with the pain.

"Let me hel-" I started. "No, leave" Jace groused.

Asshole.

"Jace its the least I could do. I don't know if this is considered saving me = which in some contact it isn't but you at least tried to.....tried to....warn me?" I said "Plus your bleeding from like five different places. Get over the ego and let me help you."

Me and Jace were barely friends. The mere thought that he would protect me was a forbidden fantasy, If even a fantasy.

Jace grumbled pointing to the first aid kit.

I smiled grabbing it checking the supplies before walking over to him. I let my leg in between his so I can get a closer look. He had a few blistered cuts. I carefully applied alcohol to a cotton pad dabbing it on the face. I was expecting him to wince but he was relaxed. "I used to do this for my sister. She would always hurt herself from playing or falling." I spoke grabbing an antibiotic cream from the kit.