Chapter 30: We're Famous, it's a Perk

If I hear one more—

"But I want Burger King!"

"Look firecracker, obviously KFC is the way to go. Anyway, Burger King is like a wannabe McDonalds."

"Is not, you overgrown ferret."

"A ferret is not a wolverine."

"They're both stupid animals anyway."

"You're arguing like a kid."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

I am surrounded by children. Two overgrown, not bad looking, hairy children.

"BOYS! If you do not stop arguing I will turn this car around!"

Silence.

"Yes ma'am."

Grinning at my obvious superiority in the car, I bob my head to the song on the radio, trying to ease my anger before I have the urge to throw one of them from the car into traffic.

When you see my face
Hope it gives you hell

When you walk my way
Hope it gives you hell

Now where's your picket fence love
And where's that shiny car
And did it ever get you far

You've never seem so tense love
I've never seen you fall so hard
Do you know where you are—

"He probably doesn't know where he is. He's that drunk," Johnny decides to speak up, and instantly, Logan and I know who he's talking about.

"He can't get drunk," I state as if it were the most obvious thing on the planet.

And truth be told I miss you—

"Oh she misses him," Johnny comments once more, an irritable smirk painted on his features.

And truth be told I'm lying—

"Oh," Match stick pouts, sheepishly placing a hand to the back of his neck and rubbing it in embarrassment.

"Yeah okay, lunch break. We've been driving for... six hours?" I announce, turning to Logan towards the end for an answer to my question. He shrugs, muttering something along the lines of "Feels like six weeks next to him."

Pulling the car up to McDonalds – my choice – you can imagine how cool I looked walking into the joint with Wolverine on my right side and the Human Torch on my left. Then, something occurred to me.

"Uh guys...."

"Yeah?" they reply in unison, the action surprisingly comical.

"People are taking our photo...."

"We're famous, it's a perk," Johnny smirks, seductively winking at one of the girls who are suggestively batting her eyelashes at him.

"No, not when you're a criminal fugitive wanted by every single government agency in America!" I hiss at him, to which his eyes glaze over as if the revelation just hit him.

"Oh sh—"

"Hi, can I take your order?"

The three of us shoot our gaze to the cashier, and almost immediately, her eyes widen to the size of bowling balls. "You-You're—"

"Human Torch, Wolverine and Nightingale. We know. Now I'll have a large Quarter pounder meal with a Pepsi, the ferret will have large Grand Angus meal with a Coco Cola annnddd Snowflake will have a large Big Mac meal with.... What drink do you want?"