Chapter 45: Part 2 - Siege of Serpents

This chapter has a lot of grammar errors and requires editing. Hope you enjoy :)

Now

Each time his leather boots click and clack against the marble flooring induces me to flinch. Each time he stops only jitters me further. Each time I stare into the eyes of the devil, I can almost feel the cool chill of hell prickling my spine. Yes, everyone believes Hell to be all fire and torture and ahhhh! Me? I think it's cold. I believe in God, Jesus, angels, so on and so forth. Just because I'm an assassin, doesn't mean I can't have a religion. I'm Catholic, and proud to be one as well.

Back onto Hell though, Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. And how many souls are going to hell each second? Day? Minute? Hour? Death rates are high these days, and then there's all the souls that have collected over centuries and millennia. This means there are two options.

If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose. So if you believe Hell is all fire with the devil and his farmer pitch fork in stinking heat then there's your hypothesis. I personally believe in the second option, which is if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. You can choose either hypothesis, but I shall, and I always will believe that Hell is frozen over and icy.

This is why it feels as if Hell is nipping and prickling at my spine every time I stare into the devil's eyes.

24 hours ago

"Throw me!"

The Green Machine grunts in front of me, almost appearing sheepish. Who knew the Hulk could look so damn adorable?

"Oh for crying out loud, you're Shrek on steroids and the strongest here so just damn well do it!"

He thumps over to me, carefully lifting me up then spinning for some momentum, and at last releasing me as I go flying through the refreshing air.

Eyes on target, I heat one hand up until it's hot enough to melt metal, chilling the other one until it's cool enough to freeze anything on impact. When the target turns his head, I can almost picture the startled and 'oh shit' face behind his mask.

"For Narnia!"

My immaturity levels are at an all-time high today, considering events that have followed since the fall of Natasha Romanoff. I'm pissed. Not just pissed at freaking Simon Zackery for killing Ally and quite possibly now Nat, but pissed at every dumb ass for following him and Amos. Amos.

Conceited, pompous asses, the whole lot of them!

Green Goblin reels back from my attack, hissing in pain as my ice hand grasps his left shoulder and my heated hand seizes his right forearm. In case you're wondering, Goblin was trying to get away while Iron Ass was hacking his board. So I came up with a plan *insert creepy smile here*. I need to distract miniature Mulgarath on his hovering surf board long enough for Stark to hack his board. What better way than for Jolly Green Giant to throw me like a hacky sack?

I steady myself on his board as he thrashes to get me off, yelling "Anytime now would be preferable Shellhead!"

"You heard the Shady Jarvis, fire away," Stark replies, his voice disfigured by the suit.

The board immediately stops functioning, and Goblin and I glance at each other before comically plummeting to the earth while screaming our heads off. Distancing myself from him, I shoot my hand out and create an ice slide, like Frozone from the Incredibles.