Chapter 36: Patriotic Booty

"MALCOM MERLYN I WILL SINGLEHANDEDLY CARVE YOUR HEART OUT WITH A SPOON THEN TEAR OFF YOUR ARM, BITCH SLAP YOU WITH IT THEN SHOVE IT UP YOUR LEATHER CLAD ASS!!!"

A pause is heard on the other side of the phone.

"Lovely talking to you again Lillian."

I seethe through the phone "What the hell are you doing working with this Amos guy!?"

An exasperated sigh can be heard from the Dark Archer. "Man comes out of nowhere, talks an entire organisation to work for his own purposes, kidnaps the God who tried taking over New York a few years back, and then manages to coax another at least 4 or so super criminals with their own following to do his dirty deeds as well? I had to do a little digging."

Steam flies out my nose. "So you started killing innocent civilians which I have saved and blowing up buildings? That's what you classify as 'doing a little digging'? I am contemplating on whether or not I should make you freeze from the inside out or spontaneously make your lungs explode. Never know, I may get creative and singe your eyebrows and hair off as well."

He chuckles darkly. "Is that anyway to talk to your old partner?"

I scowl. "We worked together for three years, and this is what you have to show for our friendship? Killing people I've saved?"

His tone quickly flips to a more ominous and dark one. "I can't seem suspicious Lillian, I have to do as much as the others around here. I haven't even met Amos yet, but I have seen that God beaten, bloodied and chained to a wall. Simon Zackery is doing the torturing himself."

My hatred for that man will never be quenched.

"Can you just... ask for another part to play? I really don't like you swinging around killing people like some anti-Robin Hood or rogue Merida," I stress, checking the laptop I pinched from Stark to make sure I still have control over Jarvis' security cameras and microphones so no curious super heroes eavesdrop this time.

"No can do. It's not so bad here anyway, I kind of like it. You should just agree to his terms, before he sends someone to really hit close to home."

I grit my teeth firmer than a vice. "Was that a threat Merlyn?"

Another sigh drifts through the line. "It was a warning Nightshade. You're one of the only people I can actually tolerate on this planet; I don't feel comfortable watching you hurt."

Sarcasm drips from each of my words "How sweet, you can tolerate me. You going to hand me a medal next time we meet for that accomplishment?"

His scowl deepens. "Dammit Lillian! I don't like doing this! You're like a little sister to me, don't make this worse than it has to be."

I don't relent. "No, you don't make this worse Merlyn. Leave Amos and help us, your aid will be appreciated."

He scoffs. "By a bunch of super heroes who all want to stick some kind of weapon or tool up my ass? No thanks. I'm sticking with Amos, and if you knew what's good for you, you would join too."

"Listen hear you son of a â"

The line goes dead.

"Son of a bitch!" I yell, pegging the phone at my pillow where I was happily resting not even an hour ago.

I'm tired. I haven't watched Supernatural in two months. I haven't eaten in over 32 hours. I desperately need a shower. Clint Barton interrupted Steve and I twice when we were having a moment. Malcom mother freaking Merlyn is dropping innocent bodies which I have spent years saving. Amos has my father. Amos is being a dick. Johnny's breath stinks. And I have no idea where my beautiful katanas are.