Chapter 10: Enjoying the View?

EDITED :)

~

          "No no no no no nonononono NO. Look at this Frosty! This is a catastrophe! She's going to completely break his heart when Tommy finds out, and my motto is completely against that. 'Don't break people's hearts, they only have one'."

          "Yeah, you're completely right Ally. Why break their heart when you could break their bones? People have plenty of those."

          "Lilly."

          Ever so innocently throwing my hands up in surrender, I shrug helplessly at my partner in crime sprawled beside me with her legs inelegantly strewn over my lap. "Sorry sorry, I sometimes forget that I'm the assassin with a penchant for violence. No matter, I'm bored anyway," I huff, slumping back even further into the couch and staring wonderingly at the blonde hacker – who now has pants on instead of just underwear and a t-shirt – an impish spark dancing behind my hazel gaze. "Truth or dare?"

          Despite eyeing me suspiciously for the abrupt change in conversation, Ally eventually drags out a wary "Truth...?"

          I am the very epitome of an angel when I inquire "What's your credit card number?"

          Her tanned face slackens, dropping into a deadpan dripping with displeasure. "We share the same bank account, idiot."

          "I know, but I left my credit card somewhere in the second living room and can't find it, so I need yours to do my online eBay shopping."

          DING!

          "Saved by the cookies!" Springing off the couch faster than I believed humanly possible, a humph escapes my pouty lips as the blonde bounces eagerly towards the kitchen, still visible from where I'm comfortably sat.

          Curling my lips mockingly, I furl my fingers and fiercely shake my fist at Ally's retreating back. "You can run but you can't hide Renegade!"

          "Watch me Nightshade!"

          Unable to repress the humour bubbling beneath the surface, I allow the light chuckle to breathe past my lips as I pause the TV, lazily standing up to stretch languidly like a cat. It only took Ally five minutes to take my mind off the crazy coincidence that was Stark appearing at our home for a bathroom break ten minutes ago, and yet, all too soon do I find concern and paranoia clawing back at my doors, demanding to be let back in. If we try to vacate the house now, we'll likely be seen by at least one hero patrolling the neighbourhood, but we can't stay here too long either, for the likelihood of being found grows with each passing second.

          I wish the saying 'Ignore it and it will go away,' would apply to this situ—

          KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

          One of my brows quirks entirely of its own accord, faced in the direction of the front door around the living room entryway on the left hand side. Snapping my attention to Ally in the kitchen, which is through the other living room entryway on the right side, she seems mildly troubled from her place in front of the oven, but otherwise more concerned about the chocolate chip cookies in threat of being overcooked.

          "If we end up being arrested, and you go down protecting those cookies, I can't even say I would be mad," I honestly chirp up, dragging myself unenthusiastically off of the lounge. Trudging towards the doorway, I pause with a modest distance between the door and I, curling my fingers to form a firm fist as condensation begins to dance and tickle up to my forearms, a sure sign of the unforgiving ice ready to freeze over the surrounding area at a split second's notice.