Chapter 15: Sushi with a Billionaire

“Chuck Norris,”

“YOUR NAME IS NOT CHUCK NORRIS!!”

“You don’t know that,”

“YES I DO! NOW JUST ANSWER THE DAMN SIMPLE QUESTION!”

“Fine okay geeze….. it’s Nick Fury,”

“UNBELIEVABLE!” is the last thing that comes out of Patchy the pirate’s mouth before he slams the door to the interrogation room. I look to my right to see Ally in a fit of laughter, doubling over and she would have fallen off the seat if it wasn’t for the cuffs attached to the desk. “You—You did that last time too?” she asks, still recovering from her laughing epidemic. “Yep, it was funnier last time though because we were back and forth like ‘Nick Fury’ and he would be like ‘Nick Fury?’ so I would say ‘Yes?’ and he will be like ‘Yes what?” so I would say ‘You said my name’ then he says ‘That’s not your name’ so I would say ‘What’s not my name?’ then he would say ‘Nick Fury’ so I would say ‘Yes?’ so he says ‘Yes what?’ and I would answer ‘You said my name’ then it would just repeat over and over again. Almost got Tasha into it as well,” I say, attempting to tie my hair up in a ponytail but failing miserably because my hand being cuffed to the table couldn’t reach the back of my head even when I placed my face on the table.

I give a frustrated sigh and let my hair fall and cascade down my back, bits of it being layered and sitting above my elbows at my front. “Looking good for the Captain huh?” she asks, wiggling her eyebrows. I scowl, remarking back “You’re one to lecture me on looking good, you did you hair nice for Banner,” her face goes pink and she says “Am not!” Luckily Reed and Susan walk in, preventing us from starting the ‘who likes who’ war.

Reed takes a seat in front of me while Sue takes a seat in front of Ally. “What can I do you for?” I ask, hands clasped together and leaning forward. Reed gives a weak and half-hearted smile as he hesitantly replies “The XCX machine,” I groan, leaning back as far as possible into my chair and even leaning my head back. “First of all how many times do I have to tell you I don’t know what they want it for! Second I don’t even work for bloody HYDRA anymore so your question, my friends is short-lived,” Sue smiles and says “We know you don’t work for HYDRA anymore, obviously. But we do know that they didn’t fire you because you failed a single mission, the fired you for another reason, didn’t they?” Ally coughs on air so I try to give her a pat on the back but like I said; cuffs.

I smirk, replying “Nope,” finally starting to admire my enemies as they begin to pick up their game and their intelligence. “Then why?” she asks. I look to Ally and she answers for me. “Tsk tsk Susan, you’re supposed to figure that out for yourself. That’s what makes the game fun. You guys just started picking up your game, don’t let us ruin that for you,” Reed gives an exasperated sigh and places his head in his hands, tired. “You….” Starts Sue, her face lighting up with an answer. She’s a smart girl.

“You… you didn’t give him the XCX machine?” she asks, her mouth agape. Reed’s eyes go wide, looking up from his hands to meet my own gaze as I smirk, swapping glances with Ally. “And bingo was his namo,” says Ally, clapping her hands. “Then why wouldn’t he just say the real reason why he fired you?” asks Reed. I shrug, answering “I dunno, maybe because I gave him blueprints to another machine named ‘XCX’ that I quickly created. The machine makes amazing coffee and tea, right Ally?” “Aww yeah, damn that coffee is good. The tea’s amazing as well, kinda has a Japanese or Indian taste to it,” says Ally, smiling.

“Why didn’t you give it to him?” asks Sue. “You really think I’m not gonna read what I stole? I’m not stupid, as soon as I got to the apartment Ally and I were sharing I plugged the USB into my laptop and cracked the fire wall to the file, opened it, read it then saved it to a more secure USB and hid it. Then I hacked into your computer and deleted the file, blueprints and test trials. If anyone got their hands on that it would be chaos I mean I got my hands on it easily and almost handed it over into the wrong hands. Now all that is left of XCX machine file is on that one USB that I hid and I am not giving that to ANYONE. SHIELD would abuse it as much as HYDRA I mean SHIELD is believe it or not almost as corrupted as HYDRA I mean did you see how well HYDRA was hidden within SHIELD? And SHIELD doesn’t realize it but not everything they do is exactly good, the number of innocents they have killed, the number of government buildings they have blown up. Not everything they do is exactly justice by the people but I have to admit, it’s better than HYDRA,”