Chapter 43: Suck it Up

"I do believe the correct term is 'checkmate'," Lucas proudly announces, knocking Jade's king clean off the board.

She scoffs, crossing her arms. "Never liked that game anyway."

Andrea chuckles from the couches, shifting around then deciding to lean forward and pick her glass of water off from the table. "This doesn't get old, watching this play out."

Violet Stirling cocks a curious eyebrow. "Since when could you see?"

Becca besides Andrea grins, while Andrea answers "I can't, not at the moment anyway. It seems to be on and off as of late, thanks to Loki stalking me and all."

I furrow my brows. "Yeah so uh... how's that playing out for you?" I drop my cards on the table, signalling to Chase, Thena and Stella that I'm out for the time being.

Andrea tilts her head, eyes distant in thought. "What? Your dad watching my every move from my alternate universe but no one else but me being able to see him? Oh it's brilliant, truly. So much fucking fun."

Chase claps, pointing at Andrea with enthusiasm. "I like you. I'm not the only one who swears around here now."

Jade cocks an eyebrow, lazily holding her hand up to indicate to herself. "Am I invisible or what?"

"Those are cute," Elinora mumbles to herself, staring at her phone like a hungry dog would to a piece of steak.

"I don't see what the big idea about pink stiletto heels are," Flair murmurs after peering over Elinora's shoulder, her nine tails flicking about as she delicately seats herself at the large dining table a few feet away from the couch, sitting beside me.

Elinora gives her a look. "I may like shoes and shopping but don't think for a moment that I can't slap your ass silly."

I lean towards Chase who has quite a bewildered expression on his face. "She's Fury's granddaughter in her universe."

He makes an 'o' shape with his mouth, understating the sudden scariness aura of her, then continuing with his game between Stella and Thena. Meanwhile, Violet Vulture – you know what, just because there are two Violets I'm gonna call Violet Vulture, Vulture, and Violet Stirling, Stirling. Does that make sense? Anyway, Vulture treads back into the room, a can of soda in one hand and a phone in the other.

"She's late," she heaves, plopping on a separate couch and dramatically lying across it while loudly groaning.

I laugh. "Well it's good to see someone here has patience."

She half-heartedly glares at me. "Ashlyn should have been here an hour ago. Where could she be?"

Talia clicks her tongue from her chair at the 20 seater dining table the majority of us are seated on, glancing out of the window wall besides the table. "Well she did just break out of OSCORP a day or two ago...."

"I still think that's barbaric," Jordan snorts, disbelievingly continuing "I mean, sure, it's expected of HYDRA do all that experimenting on people crap, but OSCORP? A company of the people? It's sick."

"We're all in rough patches in our universes at the moment," Becca finalises "some, granted, more than others...."

"Wait," I ponder, eyeing Andrea with interest "so.... If your Loki is telling you that you're his sister..... does that mean you're my auntie?"

Andrea shudders. "In my universe... We would be related... But technically yes." She sways towards Becca's general direction, quietly inquiring "Does she actually look like Loki?"