Chapter 37: Captain of all Spandex

"Um.... would this be a bad time or.....?"

Oh. My. Fucking. Thor.

Steve reacts before I can, quite literally slamming the door on the assassin's face. You can even hear the distinct crack of a broken nose vibrate through the air. Dammit Barton.

Glancing over his shoulder as he impatiently forces me backwards, I stammer "I, uh," I clear my throat "I do believe breaking noses is my hobby—"

The back of my knees meet the bed, bending them and inducing me to fall onto it, Steve in no way shy of climbing on top. The determination mixed with the flare of desire in his eyes only makes my chest tighten even more, but me being the nervous chatter box I am....

"Any particular reason you kissed me out of the blue? Or is this 'catch Lillian off guard with an ambush of kisses day'. If so, remind me to stay far away from Johnny and Stark."

His hot breath on my exposed neck is like a lightning bolt lathered with honey has just struck my spine, his wandering hands not helping whatsoever. "We have been interrupted too many times. Never do we have a prolonged moment alone, so now I'm creating that prolonged moment, with the aid of Jarvis."

I light-heartedly grumble towards Jarvis "Traitor."

His light finger tips skim my clothed hips, and even with the jumper separating his calloused fingers and my warm skin, sparks fly around the area where he made contact in ecstasy. His soft yet passionate lips find my neck, working their way across my barren skin.

I swallow hard. "I-I'm not complaining—"

I can feel his smirk growing against my neck. "Am I making the great Nightingale stutter? A good year and a half ago you made it your life goal to make a fool of me, and we were the most bitter of enemies. How the tables have turned."

A shiver tauntingly progresses through my skin. "Do not interrupt me Rogers. I will break your nose again."

The playful essence begins to hang in the air, Steve pausing with his shower of kisses on my neck to chuckle, his nose brushing against my collar bone. "Your bark always was incredibly rough, but not as much as your bite."

I smirk. "That's debateable, but you have no idea how rough my bite can really be."

The idea simply has him frozen in his tracks, allowing me enough time to turn the tables and flip him over so his back is now against the lush mattress. I swing one leg over his torso, cheekily straddling his waist which is actually a lot harder than it sounds considering the amount of muscle the man owns.

"I do have one final question though...."

He almost whimpers in anticipation. "Quickly."

I slowly rub my hands up and down his chest. "Did Stark give you a quick twenty minute prep on how to seduce, charm and kiss me?"

He pauses. "To be fair it was Stark and Johnny."

Never have I smiled as greatly and as happily as I do now. "That's my Captain."

Our lips collide with a flurry desire and lust, but what scares me is that spark of something more. For so long, ever since we've first me, anything between us has been on some level lust. I mean I was definitely checking him out back in Auburn, Alabama when I could see his toned and well-built muscles through the ice, and he flushed like a school boy caught with his father's playboy stash when he watched me subtly change over the monitors at the HYDRA building. But this.... This spark is something new. Completely new.