Chapter 4: Greetings Over McDonald's

EDITED :)

~

3rd Person's POV

          "This guy totally stole my face!"

          Steve Rogers regards the jab with little interest, his arms crossed in front of his chest as he remains stationary while trying to stay focused. Only when Johnathan Storm starts to literally jab him in stomach, does he turn his attention to the flamboyant super hero.

          "You know, I was born ninety four years ago, so technically you stole my face," Captain Rogers reasons, only to receive a dismissal snort and more jabbing to his abdomen in response.

          "Were you just trying to prove a point? If so, the only thing you proved is that you're older than the cheese we have in the fridge back home, and who knows how long that's been in there."

          "Johnny!" Susan chides, lightly slapping his arm away from Steve's stomach "Stop poking him!"

          Johnny pouts. "But come on sis! Look at this guy! For a grandpa, he's not in bad shape. Heck, he's in better shape than most people here, except for me of course."

          "And I thought Tony's ego was bad," Natasha Romanoff mumbles into Clint Barton's ear from where they're both seated on the wide table, the SHIELD logo standing proud behind them.

         "Don't worry; he won't be taking Tony's title anytime soon. But on the downside, I think he's only just warming up," Clint whispers back, earning a sound that's in between a snort and a chuckle from the red headed assassin in reply.

          After having heard the call from the Fantastic Four, Director Nicholas Fury immediately summoned both teams to the Helicarrier to discuss their mutual problem; Lillian Nightshade. Four hours later and they all find themselves here, in the main room of the Helicarrier either seated at the large table or idly standing around it.

          "I would like to express my gratitude towards the four of you for reaching out to us with this information," Director Fury veers everyone's attention back to the matter at hand, talking to the Fantastic Four from his position standing at the head of the table.

         "After all," he progresses "she is the main priority for us at the moment. What started as another mercenary problem for SHIELD, has begun to turn into a global threat. Her capabilities are unfortunately tremendous, and while they weren't as threatening to us particularly before, now that she's joined forces with HYDRA, she's jumped to the front of our threat monitor right beside them. Can you possibly further explain the functions of this XCX machine that she stole the research and blueprints to?"

          "It—" Reed starts, only to be interjected quickly by Johnny.

          "When he said 'explain the functions', he meant in English, so there's no point in you trying to explain it. Susan, you do it."

          Throwing him a heated glare, Susan Storm nonetheless listens to her younger brother and begins to outline the capacity of the machine in as simplest of a manner as she's capable of. "In simple terms, it amplifies the super abilities of those who possess them. It works the best on mutants, but it also works for those who are later given their powers by other means, like we did. It would work on Dr. Banner, Captain Rogers, Thor, Spider-man, Deadpool and anyone who has capabilities out of the ordinary human category."

          "What if it's utilized on someone without such abilities?" Bruce Banner inquires, absentmindedly placing the tips of his glasses in-between his lips while his mind runs amuck with the various possibilities the machine could create.