Chapter 1

"Phillip get down from there!" 5 years, he getting so old now but so annoying. "Hey you go get your shoes for school" I slide into my coat and wait for him to come back "Philly what are you doing" walking to his room I hear the little giggles. I instantly see him hiding in his closet but play decide dumb. "Oh no, I guess I'm going to have to go to kindergarten by myself" I walk towards the door when he jumps out. 

"booooo" 

"ahhhh" as soon as I scream he runs for the door and puts on his shoes 

"Come on mummy we need to go"

"Okay I'm coming Philly" We head outside and walk to his new school "are you looking forward to seeing other boys and girls" 

"Yeah" He runs and picks up a small daisy and hands it to me "this is for you in case you miss me" I take the flower and hold his hand. 

"thank you" it's only a ten-minute walk from our apartment to the school, Toms landlord gave us an amazing price soon after I found out I was pregnant, that seems so long ago. I was so lucky to have Tom to help me move in, the number of times I dropped furniture on his foot I'm surprised he didn't break it.

"muuuuuum are you listening"  He yanks my arm to get my attention 

"Yeah what's up buddy" 

"are we nearly their" 

"mmhmm, it's right up the street" I bend down to his level "look you can see it from here" He instantly starts jumping up and down and drags me to go faster. We reach the bright red gates of the school and we both walk in, a nice teacher directs us to the door of his class. "are you ready to go in buddy" I look into his deep brown eyes that remind me so much of Lins. and they start to well up. "What's wrong" I pull him into a hug. 

"I don't want to leave" He sniffles and takes a step back. 

"Here take this" I hand him the daisy and place it firmly in his hand. "As long as you have this you can't miss me okay" 

"Really" he rubs his nose on the cuff of his new jumper.

"Yes" I lean into his ear and whisper "Its magical but you can't tell anyone" His eyes light up and a smile spreads across his face practically mirroring his fathers. Every time I see him light up it makes me smile. "and even if you feel upset you can ask the teacher to come to get me or uncle Tom okay" 

"okay" 

"are you ready to go in" He stands up straight and puffs his chest I let out a little laugh. 

"I'm ready!" he sticks the flower in his pocket before marching into the room, once he was in the room and settled down I leave for the gate and begin to make my way home. 

"YN" I spin and met by a woman running towards me. "Hey are your amazing" do I know this woman? 

"Oh... uh thank you ?" 

"You were in hamilton right, you helped write it" 

"Uh yeah," I haven't had anyone come up to me like his before she caught me off gaurd. 

"can I have a picture?" 

"A picture, sure" I stand next to her and flash a smile at the camera.

"thank you so much" the girl runs away to a car and I continue home. 

I spend most of the day watching TV and cleaning until I had to pick up Phillip I wait outside the class for a few minutes before children start spilling out of the door. Soon after I'm joined by him. "How was your first-day buddy" I take a hold of his hand and walk home with him. 

"It was so cool, look I still have your magic flower" he holds up the crumpled flower with no petals left on it and sticks it back in his pocket.

"What did you do" 

"We played with bricks and added them together"

"Oh yeah, what's five plus seven" He stopped in his tracks and fiddles with his fingers for a while before answering me. 

"twelve?" 

"Nice, you can have an extra scoop of ice cream for that"

"Really, I know more !" 

"You have to save your brainpower for tomorrow bud" he starts skipping along in front of me chanting 'icecream, icecream'. Once inside he went to his room and played with toys while I cooked some dinner for us. "Phillip !" He instantly runs in and sits at the table. I give him his food and sit with him. "Hey slow down you're going to hurt your stomach" with his mouth full he says

"But I want ice cream" 

"The ice cream isn't going anywhere bud slow down" we both finish our food and I give him his ice cream. "If you have this you have to go to sleep straight after okay!" 

"Okay okay!" I place the bowl in front of him and get his bed ready. After a few minutes, he comes in and jumps in his bed. I turn the light out leave, "Can you sing me the song" 

"Okay" I sit next to his bed and start to sing "ooooh Phillip when you smile I am undone, my son. look at my son pride is not the word I'm looking for there is so much more inside me now ." Before I finish singing he's already fast asleep I head to bed and get ready for tomorrow.

A/N Hey guys! the new book is here I hope you'll like it I've put a lot of work into it making sure its better than the first !!  I will be updating it every Friday from now on !!!! (I know putting his name as Phillip is a bit cliche but I couldn't help myself 😅)