Chapter 7

I drop Phillip at school a bit earlier which he was especially excited about since he gets to play with Jacob a lot more, I  wait outside the building fixated on the outline of the neon letters "The tonight show starring Jimmy Fallon". How am I here? Thinking about what might happen in the future I find myself swimming in my thoughts rather than drowning in fear I find myself floating above the tide imagining the sign in front of me. "The tonight show starring YN YLN" after a few moments of swimming I wash up on the tide and enter the building. I'm immediately welcomed by a woman. 

"Hello YN it's good to see you" Before I had a chance to answer he hands me a badge and starts showing me around. "So just over there is the stage door" We start to walk over and enter. Seeing the studio in front of me seems surreal. The royal blue curtains stretched from floor to ceiling with the desk not too far from it, Jimmy is talking to what seems like a set designer and the roots fiddling with their instruments. "Pretty cool huh"

"it's amazing" we sit together in the front row of the stage talking back and forth waiting for jimmy. "What is the rest of the team like" I've managed to find out that he's the one that recommended me to fill the position. 

"Well, I am the team" I look at him with a confused look on my face. "Jimmy and I have been working together on guests for a while, He likes to be a part of the process as much as possible and when others come in they don't really work with the both of us that well"

"Oh I see, well I hope I can be of some use"

"Well the article I read was amazing, I spoke to your old boss and he said you worked amazingly with guests you seem like a perfect-"

"Leo!" Jimmy pulls Leo into a hug and they both turn to me. "You must be the new recruit"

"hi my name is YN" I reach out and he grabs my hand and yanks me into a hug. 

"It's good to meet you" He takes a step back and regain my balance and smooth my top out. "I would love you talk to you both but it's filming day" 

"Why don't I sit in the audience and get a feel of the interview" I surprised myself with my boldness and just hope he didn't take it the wrong way, I really just wanted an excuse to hang around the studio a bit more. 

"Yeah that sounds amazing, Leo do you want to join her?" He turns to me and nods. 

"So do you know who's on?" Leo and I made our way to the front row and got ready for the show to think last week I would probably be at home watching this and now I'm getting ready to work here and watch a show is mindblowing to me. 

"Um I think the avenger's cast, That's the last one I remember planing for" 

"What !"

"Yeah their pretty cool I've met some of them before, we can go backstage and ill introduce them to you after if you'd like" 

"Yeah that sounds amazing" I gather all my thoughts and get ready to watch the show. Jimmy walks out and the cast slowly followed after a few minutes. The crowd erupted into cheers and screams when they did and I couldn't help but join in. I composed myself after a few seconds since Leo was holding back a smile. I got out a small notepad to scribble down any notes for the interview. I picked up quite a lot of things that I noticed how Jimmy likes to listen more than anything, he asks a lot more open-ended questions that allow them to expand on their answer rather than short, to the point questions. I was writing a ton down and I guess Leo noticed because he cleared his throat to get my attention, I looked up to him and he nodded to jimmy and the guests. A couple of them were making eye contact with me while Jimmy was talking to one of them, they chuckle to themselves with the surprised look on my face and I put my pad down and enjoy the rest of the show. 

"Did you enjoy it?" As soon as everyone had left the stands Leo and I started talking. 

"Yeah it was good" 

"Come here follow me" We both got up and started to walk to the stage where everyone was still chatting and laughing with each other. 

"Did you get anything good I saw you scribbling down notes" Jimmy turned to me and laughed.  

"Yeah, a few things" We all talked about my job here for a few minutes and I managed to ask them a few extra questions on what else to include on my notes before each of their assistants whisked them off to I'm assuming was another interview. Leo and jimmy started to talk about the next guests before showing me to a joint workroom.   

"Your desk is just there and weel be working here" The room was massive with an array of brightly coloured bean bags and chairs. All the walls were brightly coloured with one of them painted a dark black with writing scribbled all over it. "And that is jimmy chalkboard wall" I take a seat behind my desk and they start filling me in on their process. At first, it was a lot to take in but all I really have to do is help Leo refine the questions jimmy puts forward and research each guest if Jimmy isn't familiar with them. 

"Sounds good" the rest of the day was spent discussing the hours I could work, most of the time I could leave in time to pick up Phillip other days I could ask Tom to pick him up. 

AN I guys I know this chapter ended a bit abruptly I was struggling with how to finish it but I was wondering what other fandoms does everyone like? I want to get to know my readers! I'll go first I like Marvel ( That's why I put them as the guests  😂 ) But what about you guys anyways I hope everyone had an amazing week.